Meaning of recording dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Dream_Wolf

Meaning of recording dreams?

Postby Dream_Wolf » 20 May 2013 19:31

Well, im confused about the idea of keeping a dream journal. i want to know what exactly do you use a dream journal for? isnt it okay just if you remember it when you wake up? or is there something about DJ that help you become lucid?

DeltaV

Re: Meaning of recording dreams?

Postby DeltaV » 20 May 2013 20:46

Recording dreams makes them seem important, which makes the brain try harder to remember them. Something among those lines.
I thought about just remembering with your normal memory too, but I am not sure if that'd work. I'd play it safe and just write them down.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

HAGART

Re: Meaning of recording dreams?

Postby HAGART » 31 May 2013 17:00

You can lucid dream without a dream journal.
But all can agree that remembering your dreams as a 'second life' helps a lot to become lucid in a dream.
And writing your dream journal down instead of holding in your head helps solidify it as a more concrete memory, so it helps with recall and in turn helps you become lucid. It's only an aid.

But I do it for fun anyway because I never remember the subtle details of a dream unless I write them down. Like all memories, they fade, but words on a page last forever.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”