Any tips on what NOT to do before you try to lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Je-Je

Re: Any tips on what NOT to do before you try to lucid dream

Postby Je-Je » 19 May 2013 12:18

Dont take alcohol, drug.

Milk and water is good before bed.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 19 May 2013 21:25

Interestingly, I often find in the early morning after a night of drinking (about the time when the last of the alcohol is being removed from my body) my dreams are very vivid and often many similar scenarios play out to do with the events the night before and that morning. During the night though, the alcohol completely stops any dreaming altogether, let alone lucid.
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 May 2013 01:44

torakrubik wrote:Interestingly, I often find in the early morning after a night of drinking (about the time when the last of the alcohol is being removed from my body) my dreams are very vivid and often many similar scenarios play out to do with the events the night before and that morning. During the night though, the alcohol completely stops any dreaming altogether, let alone lucid.

But do you get lucid in those vivid dreams? If one couldnt think clearly it would be very hard to have a good LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 21 May 2013 21:30

taniaaust1 wrote:
torakrubik wrote:Interestingly, I often find in the early morning after a night of drinking (about the time when the last of the alcohol is being removed from my body) my dreams are very vivid and often many similar scenarios play out to do with the events the night before and that morning. During the night though, the alcohol completely stops any dreaming altogether, let alone lucid.

But do you get lucid in those vivid dreams? If one couldnt think clearly it would be very hard to have a good LD.

I am never lucid no, this was simply my input as to how alcohol can affect dreaming
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 31 May 2013 02:27

I believe this happens because alcohol suppresses REM sleep where most dreaming occurs. Once the effects wear off, you have a rebound effect and try to make up for lost REM time. If the rebound occurs in the early morning hours, that's the best time for lucid dreams so you can have some good lucid dreams that way. Biut in general I think you are better off abstaining or drinking lightly if you want good quality vivid and vivid lucid dreams.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 31 May 2013 03:36

Don't listen to really loud music or watch too much TV. Weed can mess with dreams, also.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Return to “For Beginners”