Visioning yourself doing things in your LD

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
rdubya

Visioning yourself doing things in your LD

Postby rdubya » 13 Sep 2011 16:40

So it has been almost a month since my last LD because of my lack of intent of inducing them. However, last night I had a great series of LD. during one of them, i felt like it was time to do some LD training. I focused very very hard on my intent to fly, forward time, travel, etc. I ended up using the technique that I have used when I am awake, visioning yourself doing the task.

So, when I tried going through the window I visioned myself on the other side of the window, but not when you close your eyes and vision it, it was almost thinking of where yourself in the future, and when i focused on where i wanted to be and seeing myself there in the future, my present self in the dream then went ahead with the task. I floated right through the window with no trouble, not breaking the window like i previously had. I then tried this technique on traveling, speeding up time, and even conjuring things such as the delicious cookie i had. So if anyone wants to try this technique and let me know how it works for you, that would be most appreciated.

So don't just think of your "wants", think of what you imagine the conclusion to be and let your mind take you there.

fineganswaker

Re: Visioning yourself doing things in your LD

Postby fineganswaker » 13 Sep 2011 19:21

Hey Ryan--good to have you back, man!

Cool--as you said once--"wicked effort"! I'm pretty sure I posted something about this before, but during one of my last vivid LDs (over, like, a month and a half ago--ouch!) I was able to turn a dream figure into someone else with this technique. Somebody I felt I needed to talk to as a dream guide. It was sort of a combo of willing it and seeing that end result. So, yeah, I totally know what you're talking about--and the effect is awesome.

In an even slightly earlier LD, I also found myself suddenly flying all around using this technique. There was no real willing of it to happen. Again, I just envisioned it happening and there I was swooping all over the dream scene like a hawk. The control I had in the flying was fantastic!

So anyway, thanks for the post because I want to remember to use this technique again *if* I ever LD again! :D (Oddly enough, I've kind of been in a similar situation this past month--too much going on at work and home and all to be concentrating as much on LD'ing). I've got a couple of WILD questions now, though--but I'll put them in a separate post.

Cheers,

--FW

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 14 Sep 2011 16:39

I am starting to force myself to meditate again FW. It really is like going to the gym, so easy to get out of the routine. Hoping this helps bring back some more LD!

fineganswaker

Postby fineganswaker » 14 Sep 2011 20:15

rdubya wrote:I am starting to force myself to meditate again FW. It really is like going to the gym, so easy to get out of the routine. Hoping this helps bring back some more LD!

Yeah, thanks. You know, I've been thinking a lot about this lately myself. I'm way--way--out of practice, and need to get back into a daily routine. They say meditation "should fit into your day like showering", but in practice it's often hard to find the time. But if we're not very aware in our waking lives how are we LDers ever going to become aware while dreaming, you know?

And speaking of the gym, I totally need to get more physical exercise as well! The period this summer when I had the most vivid and active LDing was during a week when I was on vacation--and doing quite a bit of physical activities (both labor and recreational) in a non-stressful environment.

Let me know if you have any tips for getting or just reminding yourself to meditate. This one's a hard one for me.

And, hey--don't forget to meditate today! ;)

--FW

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”