WILD: what to do next?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
DeltaV

Re: WILD: what to do next?

Postby DeltaV » 12 May 2013 12:45

I tried it again last night, and noticed a trend in that after half a hour has passed, my nose gets really itchy. I read somewhere that when trying to fall asleep, the body sends signals to see if the mind is sleeping already, usually in the form of an urge to roll over.
Is this itch the same kind of signal?
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 May 2013 17:51

Just scratch those itches and make sure you relax. How long do you stay up before going back to bed? Make sure you are not too alert and not too tired either. I usually stay up for 20 minutes before returning to bed.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 12 May 2013 18:19

So far, I actually haven't really tried it at night :oops:, I really should tho'. I currently try to do naps instead, around 4 PM.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 19 May 2013 16:13

Once again, an attempt during an attempt to do a nap. It went really well; I can sort of recognize when my body starts falling asleep. Symptoms happened twice. First time, I felt pressure around my head, and my nose became itchy. Attempt to dive into sleep failed, I don't know why.
Second time, a feeling covered my entire body, and I believe it dulled my sense of sound too. Tried to engulf myself in it, but my eyes opened somewhat (though I do have a piece of cloth over my eyes to keep light out).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but there was barely any hypnagogia. I wasn't paying much attention to it, or attempting to make it more intense, so that's something.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 May 2013 01:55

DeltaV wrote: Second time, a feeling covered my entire body, and I believe it dulled my sense of sound too. Tried to engulf myself in it, but my eyes opened somewhat (though I do have a piece of cloth over my eyes to keep light out).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but there was barely any hypnagogia. I wasn't paying much attention to it, or attempting to make it more intense, so that's something.

What you described there sounds like a transition state between wake and sleep, so you dont need hypnagogia to tell you that.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 22 May 2013 06:55

taniaaust1 wrote:
DeltaV wrote: Second time, a feeling covered my entire body, and I believe it dulled my sense of sound too. Tried to engulf myself in it, but my eyes opened somewhat (though I do have a piece of cloth over my eyes to keep light out).

What you described there sounds like a transition state between wake and sleep, so you dont need hypnagogia to tell you that.

I know, I know. It's just that when I focus on the hypnagogia it's greenish or blue, and after a while begins forming really complex patterns within itself, whereas this hypnagogia is what I can only describe as moving blackness.

Also, I'm gonna wait with making another attempt. For some reason after my last attempt, I could barely get to sleep for two days straight, which really disrupted any attempts to recall dreams (as it's easier for me to recall dreams when I get to sleep early).

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 31 May 2013 19:38

This is the exact reason WILD never works for me. I eventually get this "surge" through my body, which causes my breathing to become very heavy and my eyelids automatically open.

mia

Postby mia » 02 Jun 2013 20:02

I've had something like this happen too, when 'failing' at a SSILD ( but I think it's a variation of a WILD); not the eyes opening though. I get to a point where I'm having definite sensations, but no go ( usually that sort of energy, or a feeling of a consciousness shift). Then I feel like I'm not sure where to go from there if there are no SP buzzing and tremors.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”