First Astral Projection

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
rdubya

First Astral Projection

Postby rdubya » 13 Sep 2011 16:27

Hi All,

Been away for a bit, but thought I would share my experience last night. I was having a great series of LD. At one point, I noticed I was inbetween the dream state + wake state, so I gave the will to astral project. I finally got the pulling sensation, and i heard a weird noise, semi high pitched, almost like tinfoil or something near my ear. When I was out though, I couldn't see anything, and then I fell over and hit the ground(still unable to see anything). I woke up almost immediatly as I hit the ground. Makes me wonder if my third eye wasn't opened? thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan

Peter

Re: First Astral Projection

Postby Peter » 13 Sep 2011 16:38

as silly as it sounds you need to open your eyes just as you would when you wake up in the morning. Keen to know what you will see

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 14 Sep 2011 16:40

Interesting..ill try to think of that next time Peter. Thanks!

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 16 Sep 2011 16:38

When you say you were "inbetween the dream state + wake state", do you mean you woke up and were lying in bed, but in that "almost nodding off to sleep" state?
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 19 Sep 2011 15:02

Ryan, yes, but I would go one step further and say it is the step in between nodding off and actually dreaming. When your mind is in a dream, but you are aware of your physical body perhaps. It is difficult to explain, its an odd awareness of your state of mind.

Perhaps this may be accurate(may not be). When you wake up to your alarm, sometimes it takes a few "Beep, Beep, Beeps" to go off before you realize it is your alarm. But for that short time while you are dreaming and starting to become aware of the physical world, you are in between states. If your alarm were to turn off while in this state, you would be able to basically choose whether to wake or to keep dreaming. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 20 Sep 2011 20:05

Nono, I know what you mean. :)

Either deep Hypnogogics... or a really light dreaming sleep.
In either case, you're in the perfect state to being projecting. :)
It sounds like you're well underway.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 04 Nov 2011 10:46

rdubya wrote:Ryan, yes, but I would go one step further and say it is the step in between nodding off and actually dreaming. When your mind is in a dream, but you are aware of your physical body perhaps. It is difficult to explain, its an odd awareness of your state of mind.

Rdubya that is just light sleep not an in between state Dreaming while still able to wake up or move ones body is the first stage of sleep. Sleep tests will show one is sleeping, as they did for me when I was tested for sleep apnea, though I did not fall into deeper than light sleep the whole night as their bed was so uncomfortable.

[/quote]
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”