Success! But I have a question

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
taniaaust1

Re: Success! But I have a question

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 May 2013 11:35

clown wrote:When I got up I already realized its a dream by noticing the misplacement of my furniture. I did reality check just to ensure and keep my mind focused

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Reality checks can be a bad thing to do if you already are aware you are dreaming, for if the reality check fails (which they often can do).. it then leaves most in such a confused state that they then often end up at that point then convincing themselves they are not aware they are dreaming or the confusion can even wake people up.

doing something for stablization is good thou.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

clown

Postby clown » 19 May 2013 01:40

Hmm, I was wondering if there should be a time frame where u try to fall asleep and feel the vibrations and buzzing sounds. Like within a period of time after WBTB method if u don't fall asleep ur attemp would fail?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 May 2013 03:20

clown wrote:Hmm, I was wondering if there should be a time frame where u try to fall asleep and feel the vibrations and buzzing sounds. Like within a period of time after WBTB method if u don't fall asleep ur attemp would fail?

No set time limit.. it all would depend on how long someone takes to get to that point where they are almost asleep or how long it takes the individual to get into an extremely relaxed state. It would be different at different times even for the same individual eg sometimes you may fall asleep quick, other times you may not.

clown

Postby clown » 19 May 2013 04:18

Hmm ok. I did the same routine that worked for me but can't get it. I was thinking maybe I didn't have enough sleep for the past few days that caused it.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 May 2013 05:37

clown wrote:Hmm ok. I did the same routine that worked for me but can't get it. I was thinking maybe I didn't have enough sleep for the past few days that caused it.

I myself LD better at times when sleep deprived. (its not something I recommend at all thou as sleep deprivation affects ones immune system and general health)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 May 2013 18:54

Yea, a little sleep deprivation seems to work for me, just by looking at my dream journals. There is something called the REM rebound effect, (or something like that). Basically after a few days of lack of dreaming, it comes back in full force as though it is trying to make up for it.

Just this morning, I finally got a good night's sleep after a few days of restlessness, and had a very good lucid dream this morning. I woke up in the night and my mind was a little muddled and was thinking many random thoughts so I got up for a bit and went back to bed. My mind was clear, so clear in fact I wondered if I would ever fall asleep again. But my mind was clear and I think that is the main purpose of 'wake back to bed'.

Then I became lucid in a dream, but it was only at the end and I was upset and decided to just lay perfectly still after it was over and try to sleep again. I must have been in a very relaxed state, because I started to feel the muffled, buzzing sound in my ears and I just remained as calm as possible and it led to a very good W.I.L.D.

So what worked for me, was remaining perfectly still, and relaxed, DIRECTLY AFTER a dream. (Of course it helps that I was lucid at the tail end of the previous one...)

I have never had a W.I.L.D. at the onset of a night's sleep, only during the REM phase and only if I only BARELY wake up and remain fully relaxed. Tends to work for me at least, whenever it actually does happen.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”