WILD vibration

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

WILD vibration

Postby lebob » 18 Sep 2011 05:46

I'm new to the forum, but I've been visiting the main site for a year or so now after I discovered the concept of lucid dreaming.

I've never had a full lucid dream, just 1 or 2 in which I'm *sort of* aware that I'm in a dream, but for some reason can't do much. Those have both been just random dreams I've had in the night.

So, last night I tried the WILD technique. I've only tried it 1 other time, and that was a few months ago (nothing happened at all).

I did NOT have any prior sleep to that (I went to bed at like midnight) and my heart was beating fast, due to excitement and 2 energy drinks I consumed 5 or so hours ago.

So, I close my eyes, get into a comfortable position, and began meditating/relaxing.

After about ten minutes or so (something like that) I began to kind of feel a 'push', some kind of feeling of going forward.

The hypnogogic imagery came closer, and a vibration started. My eyelids started twitching an INSANE amount, and my heartbeat completely skyrocketed.

For whatever reason (fear, I guess) I opened my eyes. I was experiencing an INSANE adrenaline rush. It took me 2 minutes to calm myself down.

It was insane. I've never felt anything like that before. I don't think of it as a bad experience whatsoever.

But....how can I get past that twitchyness? That was the part that screwed me up. The vibration was ok, but my twitchy eyelids caused me to come out of that state.

So, how exactly can I prevent twitchy eyelids from ruining my lucidity, and allow me to have my first real lucid dream? Practice? Deep Sleep?

Re: WILD vibration

Postby alpacatackler » 19 Sep 2011 16:20

I've never successfully done WILD, but a few times when I tried my eyelids started fluttering out of control. It might only happen if you're lying on your back, since that was the case for me. Also, you could try a blindfold or sleeping mask since the pressure could help your eyes stay still.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”