First time lucid, but no control

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jak5C0lon

First time lucid, but no control

Postby jak5C0lon » 29 Aug 2011 18:54

Last night I had my first lucid dream. At some point in my dream I realized I was dreaming and tried to become lucid. I tried spinning and told myself that I wanted to fly, when I open my eyes I feel weightless and stare up into an incredibly bright night sky, but while the scenery is breathtaking I cannot move except for my head. I wanted to stay longer, but I remembered that I had class in a half hour and woke up just in case my alarm clock wouldn't wake me up. Is there any good tips for beginners dream control?

magicdog93

Re: First time lucid, but no control

Postby magicdog93 » 29 Aug 2011 21:41

practice makes perfect, just try and try, i made allot off flying attempts but failed, but soon i was flying,
and remember, you have to BELIEVE
i am joshua, nice to meet you,

domitomi7

Postby domitomi7 » 19 Sep 2011 00:11

Try hurting yourself.
bash your head in the wall,
stop breahing...
People will say: this is a dream, you cant get hurt.
This is the point.You CANT get hurt in dreams.This will boost your morrale,and help you understand that you are the GOD!!!
Also,if you jump off a skyscraper,you will try to save yourself, and thus,fly, grapple, shoot webs and such.
Try to counter your fears too.

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 20 Sep 2011 01:53

you can't get hurt, but you can certainly feel pain(unless you have really good control you can avoid it)

also, the falling sensation(such as falling from a skyscraper) can easily wake you if your fear senses heighten too high(probably a defensive mechanism)

Return to “For Beginners”