First Flying Lucid Dream :)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lawilahd

First Flying Lucid Dream :)

Postby lawilahd » 22 Aug 2011 22:57

This morning I had my first flying lucid dream. The dream went on for a while before I became lucid so I'll cut to the point, I was walking in a part of my city with my brother and a friend from school, and I realized that the area had changed, dramatically. I looked around more and suddenly realized I had to be dreaming, as the buildings could not have moved so much in one day. I jumped into the air and started doing swimming motions, as if I was in water and surprisingly, I went up and got higher and higher in the air. I landed by my brother, and asked him if he wanted to come flying with me and I took him by the hand and we started flying, I landed on a building and decided to spin around to try and lengthen the dream but I mistakingly closed my eyes, and when I reopened them I was in my bedroom, awake :(
anyone know why you sometimes wake up in bed after closing and reopening your eyes in a dream.

Mewie

Re: First Flying Lucid Dream :)

Postby Mewie » 23 Aug 2011 14:19

Wow, amazing! I'm happy for you. Thanks for sharing, it's always interesting to hear about Lucid Dreams.

When you close your eyes in a dream, you wakes up because that's how the most people are waking them self up in a dream. :)
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

jkemeny

Postby jkemeny » 19 Sep 2011 02:34

Very kool lucid dream! Isn't flying amazing? Not sure about the closing eye thing. I've never had that issue. Now that I think about it...I'm not sure if I even blink while in a lucid dream. Hmmmmm

Blank Canvas

Postby Blank Canvas » 17 Apr 2013 23:26

Thats how i began to fly smimming through the air. Now i like to go up really high and jst freefall, try teleporting to a familiar place

mia

Postby mia » 17 Apr 2013 23:48

Sounds like you had fun.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

galastrato

Postby galastrato » 18 Apr 2013 03:52

lawilahd wrote:This morning I had my first flying lucid dream. The dream went on for a while before I became lucid so I'll cut to the point, I was walking in a part of my city with my brother and a friend from school, and I realized that the area had changed, dramatically. I looked around more and suddenly realized I had to be dreaming, as the buildings could not have moved so much in one day. I jumped into the air and started doing swimming motions, as if I was in water and surprisingly, I went up and got higher and higher in the air. I landed by my brother, and asked him if he wanted to come flying with me and I took him by the hand and we started flying, I landed on a building and decided to spin around to try and lengthen the dream but I mistakingly closed my eyes, and when I reopened them I was in my bedroom, awake :(
anyone know why you sometimes wake up in bed after closing and reopening your eyes in a dream.

Really nice to hear about your dream!!
Do you actually feel the elevation? And the air blowing in your face when you fly? Does it feel like real life??

Can't wait until I fly myself, that has been one of my biggest dreams in my life. I always look at birds, and feel sad how we are grounded and bound to walk instead of flying.
And then yesterday I heard about lucid dreaming.. You can imagine level of my excitement, I have never before been so excited in my life!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 18 Apr 2013 13:10

Me too, im waiting for my first flying lucid dream. :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 18 Apr 2013 13:29

lawilahd wrote:This morning I had my first flying lucid dream. The dream went on for a while before I became lucid so I'll cut to the point, I was walking in a part of my city with my brother and a friend from school, and I realized that the area had changed, dramatically. I looked around more and suddenly realized I had to be dreaming, as the buildings could not have moved so much in one day. I jumped into the air and started doing swimming motions, as if I was in water and surprisingly, I went up and got higher and higher in the air. I landed by my brother, and asked him if he wanted to come flying with me and I took him by the hand and we started flying, I landed on a building and decided to spin around to try and lengthen the dream but I mistakingly closed my eyes, and when I reopened them I was in my bedroom, awake :(

It's pretty obivious why you woke up, when you open your dream eyes, you do the same thing in life.
I am the exact same way, so I never ever ever close my eyes. If I do close my eyes, I always wake up when I open them.

So never close your eyes, because for some reason our bodies use our real eyes too when we do that.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2013 13:53

My "theory" of why that is likely to wake many of us (the closing and opening of the eyes) is that when you close your eyes.. you loose one of your senses keeping you into the dream (the sight of the dream surroundings). The more senses you have in the dream.. the better your hold on that dream is. You have 5 senses and sight is a huge sense stabilizing you into it (its probably the strongest sense we use to hold us in the dream) so by shutting eyes..say you've briefly lost 50%? or maybe more of your connection to the dream. Is it little wonder that many end up loosing the dream by doing that.....

Disconnecting from a dream you are in be it via shutting your eyes or whatever.. will often either then lead to you opening your eyes in a different dream or loosing the feel of the dream and making you wake up in real life (or if you are very lucky you will reopen then to the same dream).

Now on top of what Ive said here..is what Lucidlink says.. that your physical eyes may be accidently used or moved open more in the whole process esp since you have partly lost connection to the dream via eyes being closed.

ive accidently closed my eyes when I was in a light LD before.. and hence thought "oh shit, what do I do now?" with the knowing I was likely to open my physical eyes when I opened my LD ones. What I ended up doing in that situation and hence then I had no issues.. was I ended up "thinking" of my LD eyes opening.. rather then just opening them like one physically would, I "willed" them to open without moving them at all. That worked and suddenly I could see (even thou I hadnt as such tried to open my eyes in a normal manner).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”