Meditation advice?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ludic

Meditation advice?

Postby Ludic » 02 May 2011 20:24

So, I can basically sit there and relax for about 20 minutes, but i feel about the same as when i started.
I mean, you sort of feel calm and relaxed, but i sort of feel that most of the time, if anyone knows what i mean. So... Am i suppose to be feeling something else, or is that the entire point of meditation, also, what do you think about? I sort of just drift of and don't really think about anything.
Artistic stuff ; www.ludic-sama.deviantart.com

caine thornley

Re: Meditation advice?

Postby caine thornley » 02 May 2011 21:39

im the same apart from sometimes i get hypnogotic imagery and a twitch in my right thumb :roll: bt cannot see to progress to astreal projection or sleep paralasis

Shade
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom - Upper East Side, Manhattan, USA

Postby Shade » 04 May 2011 01:22

You should just focus on something. Most people focus on their breathing, not controlling it, just 'observing'. By the end of your session you should feel clear headed and relaxed. If your intending to use meditation to achieve SP i think you will have a really difficult time. SP is best achieved shortly after waking say 5-60 mins using a WBTB method. PLEASE dont listen to Nicholas Newport and Lucidology 101-2 its full of junk science and misinformation which is detrimental to the LD community. Its just a bunch of marketing tricks such as creating your language to sound like an expert when in reality hes there for financial gain. you were warned :)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 04 May 2011 09:35

I respect your opinion Shade but I personally disagree... Nick Newport's videos taught me how to successfully WILD. The explanation of the OBE Exit Technique, memory impressions during hypnagogia, roll over signals... it all makes so much sense and is presented in video for the first time. I think there is real value there.

I know he uses classic internet marketing techniques to make money from his work but that doesn't detract from his overall content.

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 06 May 2011 21:22

I'm not an expert on meditation and have limited experience with it, but if you're feeling relaxed and basically nothing else at all, I think that's normal and good. Eventually, with more practice, you may find yourself feeling even more relaxed and even blissful.

I found this great web site on meditation that has more info: http://www.wildmind.org/

caine thornley

Postby caine thornley » 07 May 2011 10:16

Hi everyone,
i have been trying many ways to lucid dream now (and im sure ill succeed soon) but for the WBTB combined with the MILD method when lying still how the hell do you stop itches because i cant ignore then it just gets unbearable and even if i do all i can focus on is the itch. thanks :oops: :evil:

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 07 May 2011 22:03

If you have an itch, just scratch it real quick. No need to lay there in torture. :)

caine thornley

Postby caine thornley » 08 May 2011 08:59

but then you will ruin your
trance....

Ludic

Postby Ludic » 08 May 2011 19:13

Thanks a bunch for the link Jonathan! Really helpful :)
Artistic stuff ; www.ludic-sama.deviantart.com

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 12 May 2011 06:51

caine thornley wrote:but then you will ruin your
trance....

Being obsessed with an itch you can't scratch pretty much ruins your trance state anyway. Better to deal with it and quickly resume....

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”