Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sterre Duiker

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sterre Duiker » 20 May 2013 18:22

shadowwolf3 wrote:Hey, so, i'm a beginner Lucid dreamer (well, I did it once by accident and want to do it willingly) and have been having trouble getting into a lucid dream. I've been trying for the past three days but every time I get on the verge of being lucid I snap back into consciousnesses, or I realize that I have a body again.

I have been meditating for two years now and have a fairly good grip on it, but when I apply the technique to lucid dreaming something goes wrong. For example:
On my last attempt to have a lucid dream, I relaxed my entire body, from the toes to the head, all the while, focusing on my breathing. I didn't have any rouge thoughts going through my mind and my body was starting to feel numb. Just as I get to the point where it feels like i'm leaving my body, my heart rate goes up really high (also, I've been using the WILD technique along with the MILD and WBTB netiquette) eventually it starts to feel like its to much and my heart beat gets very loud inside my head. Then, I give up and start over.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

Kind of sounds like what happens when a person runs. I think the brain will naturally calm it down a bit if you imagine yourself running. With that "physical" effect happening on you as well as the visual in your mind you might be able to trick your brain.
Mind over matter.

Sander

Postby Sander » 21 May 2013 10:07

ok so i have a big problem: every time i meditate, i'm having troubles keeping awake.. i'm always getting drowzy. But whenever i do the same while actually trying to sleep, i stay awake.. i simply don't fall asleep again after i've woken at about 6 in the morning...

how the hell am i ever supposed to succeed in WILD'ing?? :s
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 May 2013 01:00

Liz wrote:Hello! Okay, so last night I was finally able to have a lucid dream through doing a reality check, but there is a catch. Everything about my ld was normal, I didn't have complete control but I was able to change my environment around me, and I was also able to fly! The thing is, well for some reason I could not feel anything, nothing physical and no emotions. I knew I was dreaming, and had control over my dream but that was all.
When I rubbed my hands together to make the scene clearer, I did not actually feel my hands. When I was flying, I did not feel the wind or even that stomach-dropping feeling. When I realised I was dreaming, I remember I was happy, but I didn't necessarily feel happiness like I do in real life.

Ive never heard of anyone having an LD experience in which they cant feel any emotions or feel their dream body before. The loss of the emotions part is highly unusual. LD isnt much different to being awake or feels the same usually as far as emotions go. Sounds like you didnt have much waking consciousness there at all.. (maybe as you suggested yourself, it could of been a dream you were lucid dreaming or maybe just a very low level LD).

Oh also, just before this I experience sleep paralysis. But it was weird. First of all, I was on my stomach which is different than normal. Secondly, I felt this horrible, aching pain on my back. It felt like someone was continuously hitting me with a hammer. I knew this was simply a part of the sleep paralysis, so once I calmed down it went away (and I entered the dream where i eventually became lucid). But I remember I could actually move my arms, I was attempting to hold the area where the pain was. But you're not supposed to be able to move your arms (I could not move anywhere else apart from my eyes and arms)? Do you know anything about this?

And that doesnt sound like a normal sleep paralyses experience. With sleep paralyses.. one is aware of how their physical body is laying.. you can feel it and experience being in it but one cant move. I wonder if you were actually dreaming having sleep paralyses. One with sleep paralyses also cant move arms... as soon as one manages to move with sleep paralyses, even a finger or toe, it breaks the sleep paralyses state.

I'd say you were 1/ either dreaming this or 2/ your astral body had turned within your physical body and hence you were feeling your astral body. (note: doing astral stuff awarely can trigger off kundalini with happens in like beats, waves or shocks and may give aching pain, which will come from the base of the spine, which I guess if in a dream state one could interpretate it as being hit over and over, "rhythmicly" with a hammer.. Was your spine pain was focused in the base of the spine? and did it have a steady beat?)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 May 2013 04:40

Liz wrote:Thanks for the reply! :)
I think you are right and I just had a very low level of awareness, I'm still new to lucid dreaming and probably just need more practice/focus
taniaaust1 wrote: (2/ your astral body had turned within your physical body and hence you were feeling your astral body. (note: doing astral stuff awarely can trigger off kundalini with happens in like beats, waves or shocks and may give aching pain, which will come from the base of the spine, which I guess if in a dream state one could interpretate it as being hit over and over, "rhythmicly" with a hammer.. Was your spine pain was focused in the base of the spine? and did it have a steady beat?)

Wow, that is exactly what happened! It came from the base of my spine and had a distinct rhythmic beat. You honestly just described it perfectly!
Thanks again for the help, will definitely look into kundalini, since I'm not yet familiar with it! :)

Unfortunately its a very hard thing to study online due to all the eastern views which have been placed on this energy. I once looked it up at the wikipedia and due to all the eastern very strange views, that even confused me (someone who's very aware of kundalini and understands it).

One interesting thing Ive recently found is its starting to be studied in Western Science as people can get issues with it.. if you look up "Kundalini Syndrome" in the wikipedia you can read more of the kind of issues premature activiation of it can cause (those who try to trigger it purposely in unwise ways).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 24 May 2013 20:05

Sounds like a nightmare OBE-ish thing to me. With sleep paralysis. Unless this happens often I wouldn't worry about it much. Wow, 4 years of LD! You should be the one giving me advice!

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 25 May 2013 18:39

Sambo wrote:Hey, so I've been attempting to Lucid Dream for a while, close to two months maybe...I have been having greatly improved dream recall which is a good thing. I haven't had a lucid dream yet but I think I am getting close, because the other night I had a, what I call, "lucidish" dream.
The furthest back point I can remember was the point in which I said "I am dreaming" and became lucid. However, I don't know if I actually did become lucid. I started to try and control the dream, with success, and I jumped out of a building and started flying, I flew to space, and the dream ended. But nothing "snapped" into vividness like it was supposed to, and I didn't have the feeling in the dream that I myself was controlling it. I knew my body was and mind was because I thought all these things.

So my question is...can you have a dream in which the plot is of you becoming lucid? And you weren't truly lucid yourself? I think that's what happened.

For your first question, yes. The second question is that, first things first, from my experience, nothing "snaps into vividness" all the time when your lucid. If you know your dreaming but can't control it like you'd want to, its still a lucid dream. The trick is you must now learn how to master the needed basics.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 26 May 2013 10:10

I would also like some tips on MILD^^ :D
And what's with all the spam of ads in lucid dream techniques :?:

Sander

Postby Sander » 28 May 2013 08:47

aaawww yeah had a LD this night ^^

thanks to galantamine! man this thing works wonders :D

i'd recommend it to anyone who's having trouble at getting LD's. I also recommend reading Thomas Yuschak's text on supplements.

If anyone wants to read it, give me your e-mail adress and i'll send it to you.

really worth the read :D
Free Your Mind.

Sander

Re: strange content o 'lucid dream aids'

Postby Sander » 29 May 2013 20:09

mercury01 wrote:New to all this --- don't know how to get onto right terminal.
I've been trying to look up 'lucid dream aids' on the forum and it seems to be full of designer dress data etc., nothing to do with lucid dreaming.
Give it a go --- either I've got some weird virus on my computer, or your site has been hacked by someone.
In other words -- is it me or you?

it's the website... infested by spammers all of a sudden.
Free Your Mind.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 May 2013 20:22

Yes it does appear that spammers have taken over the site, don't know why the owners are not stepping in.
You have to go back quite a few pages to find anything relating to the subject matter.

I just had an interesting lucid dream and wanted to post, but my post will be swept away by the tide of spam and will soon be pages away from seeing the light of day.

Too bad, hope the moderator does something soon.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”