No control

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Dreamer117

No control

Postby Dreamer117 » 22 Sep 2011 22:21

i am slowly but surley having mire and more vivid lucid dreams but every time i know im dreaming i cant seem to do anything to control it, be it fly change scenry make things appear use powers, i cant do anythin just wonder round aimlessley. i have read the tips on how to control them but they dont seem to be working. any more advice It would be a great help :)

Ryan

Re: No control

Postby Ryan » 23 Sep 2011 16:35

I find that how consciously aware I am in the experience can have a dramatic impact upon how well I can control myself and the environment. What I do to increase my awareness is I'll stop what I'm doing and focus upon a part of myself or something in my immediate area... this allows me to concentrate upon what I'm gonna do next, which is ask myself four questions:

“Where am I?”
“Where am I going?”
“How did I get here?”
and “What am I doing?”

This is also a reality check you can do to initially attain lucidity... but it also works to further enhance it as well. Once this is done and you have as close to a "waking awareness" as possible, you're now astrally aware... and should have a much better handle upon the "control" thing. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Summerlander

Re: No control

Postby Summerlander » 23 Sep 2011 16:56

Dreamer117 wrote:i am slowly but surley having mire and more vivid lucid dreams but every time i know im dreaming i cant seem to do anything to control it, be it fly change scenry make things appear use powers, i cant do anythin just wonder round aimlessley. i have read the tips on how to control them but they dont seem to be working. any more advice It would be a great help :)

Techniques that serve as anchors are not enough. You also need a plan of action. The hesitations/pauses the less chances of an unwanted exited from the lucid dream and the more control you will gain.

Write down at least five steps or things that you would like to do in a lucid dream. Here's my current one as an example:

1 - Visit my dream guru and ask him about the pre-birth state
2 - Enjoy an Aero desert
3 - Visit my best man Gerald
4 - Revisit Summerland or any fairytale land
5 - Contact deceased Nanny Marge
6 - Simulate the Star Wars game in 3D
7 - Have a close encounter with aliens (taken aboard a UFO)

You see, I've got more than five. This way I never stop in a lucid dream to ask myself what to do next. I already have a plan of things I wish to do. No time to waste because the state is only a phase. You may be wondering how the hell I will be able to remember all of that. Well, I simply think of this:

"GAGS NSA"

(Guru; Aero; Gerald; Summerland; Nanny Marge; Star Wars; Aliens)

:ugeek: :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”