Questions from a new guy

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jacob M S

Questions from a new guy

Postby Jacob M S » 25 Sep 2011 22:05

Hi I'm new here. I've been reading the articles on this website and have been trying out the WILD method. The first time I tried I had a false awakening and in it I did a reality check but my dream passed as reality. If anyone could tell me why I'd like to know. The most recent time I tried my whole body felt like it was vibrating and I felt the sensation of flipping and falling. Then I saw a face staring at me. Would tha be considered hypnogogic imagery? Also if I swallow does that interrupt the process of the WILD? And finally is the WILD method the best method for someone who has never lucid dreamed before to start out on?if anyone could answer my questions I would be very grateful. I'd like to expound more on my experiences but this is the fourth time I've typed this and it is getting very agitating. Anyways thanks.
Did I have a dream or did the dream have me?

jamjam

Re: Questions from a new guy

Postby jamjam » 26 Sep 2011 00:10

Hello I'm new too! I don't think you should attempt WILD. You should work on dream recall and start a dream journal. See remembering your dreams http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-remember-your-dreams.html and the FAQ http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-faq.html for more info. P.S. Your first lucid dream might be like 3 seconds so practice and look in the beginner section on the website. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DREAMS! :D jamjam
jamjam

Jacob M S

Postby Jacob M S » 26 Sep 2011 02:51

Alright thanks. Oh and also I have had one lucid dream before and you're right it was like five seconds. But I don't remember much from it except that I didn't move at all I just said something that I don't remember. That was on my first attempt along with my false awakening. I also had two dreams after that. But I do have a horrible dream recall that's just now starting to get better and ive been meaning to start a dream journal but I'm kinda a procrastinator but tomorrow morning I shall begin. Anyways thanks.
Did I have a dream or did the dream have me?

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 26 Sep 2011 18:28

Jacob M S wrote:Hi I'm new here. I've been reading the articles on this website and have been trying out the WILD method. The first time I tried I had a false awakening

Congrats! That is a success within itself. It's a good first step. :)

and in it I did a reality check but my dream passed as reality. If anyone could tell me why I'd like to know.

I can't be certain, but you might not have been 100% focused upon the reality check. What kind of check did you do? For myself, usually I'll do a combination of a couple things... I'll ask myself questions while focusing entirely upon my hands. The questions I ask are stuff relating to where am I? how did I get there? where am I going? Those kinds of things. The focusing upon my hands gives me something to focus my attention on so I can answer the questions completely and honestly... it also allows me to witness any "changes" in my hands that might occur, which is a sign you're projecting.

The most recent time I tried my whole body felt like it was vibrating and I felt the sensation of flipping and falling. Then I saw a face staring at me. Would tha be considered hypnogogic imagery?

Yup! :)

Also if I swallow does that interrupt the process of the WILD?

It can... it's best to just get it over with though and swallow. Basically, treat it as if you were normally falling asleep at night. Take care of itches and other bodily issues, but do so slowly and carefully so you don't break your state.

And finally is the WILD method the best method for someone who has never lucid dreamed before to start out on?if anyone could answer my questions I would be very grateful. I'd like to expound more on my experiences but this is the fourth time I've typed this and it is getting very agitating. Anyways thanks.

"WILD" isn't a method in itself, it's more of a description of how you start and end up in the non-physical. In this case, it describes a "wake induced lucid dream"... meaning that you started while being physically "awake" and ends with you shifting your awareness smoothly into a lucid experience while remaining conscious the entire time.

What TECHNIQUE you use to do a WILD with is up to you. :)
It's a great place to start though and it sounds like you're doing well!
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “For Beginners”