OOBE Research Center: volunteers required

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Summerlander

OOBE Research Center: volunteers required

Postby Summerlander » 25 Sep 2011 23:00

I'm Arlindo Batista. I'm currently working with Michael Raduga at the OOBE Research Center. I head the Phase Managing Department and there are others:

http://research.obe4u.com/

My job is to send experiments to a list of volunteers and coordinate their experiences for future publishing.

The project is growing and Mr. Raduga has given his department chiefs the okay to get other volunteers involved. I've already spoken to Rebecca and she is confident that many of you can aid our research. The tasks that we set volunteers will help us in our research and at the same time will increase their motivation to enter the phase. Also, it won't take up too much of your time at all as a volunteer will not get a particular assignment until he has completed the one that precedes it, so, all in good time.

But what is the "phase" (you might ask)? Well, it is both OOBEs and lucid dreams. It is a broad term that identifies lucid dreams, astral projection and out-of-body experiences as one dissociative phenomenon only. We believe it is the same state which can be entered before, during, and after sleep. EEG scans like these show that it is a hybrid state between wakefulness and "normal" dreaming:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2737577/figure/F4/
WEC = Waking with Eyes Closed; REM = Rapid Eye Movement sleep; Lucid (the phase)

At OBE4u, there is also a number of informative articles and e-books which teach techniques that help practitioners to deepen, maintain and manage the phase. Deepening is done via sensory amplification which will, in turn, prolong the experience. You may or may not be aware of Mr. Raduga's website already but if not, here it is.

www.obe4u.com

Dear oneironauts, you may benefit from Michael Raduga's tips in School of Out of Body Travel. Mr. Raduga pretty much supports Stephen LaBerge's views and, like him, is a very pragmatic person. We look that the phase phenomenon from a scientific standpoint and take into account what is practical.

So you are familiar with our terminology:

Waking State:

Also known as wakefulness. In this state, people perceive the physical realm. An individual who is awake is conscious, self-aware, and there is realism of perception. The environment is stable and there is no required effort to enter this state. The perceived world seems to follow set rules, and, only on a quantum level, do things appear to be less logical and more uncertain.

Dream State:

This entails non-lucid dreams and falling asleep is all that is needed to enter this state. Self-awareness is absent and the unconscious mind often rules over the conscious one. The dreamer is immersed in plots and often detached from waking life memories. The experience can be vivid or vague, and, despite the instability, the illogical is accepted as being logical and true. Certain techniques can be employed to boost dream recall.

Phase State:

This entails out-of-body experiences (OOBEs or OBEs) and lucid dreams. Both are one and the same as a practitioner of this state has the distinct sensation of being elsewhere other than the physical body. This elusive state can be entered before, during, and after sleep. Effort is required in order to enter the phase voluntarily, although, some experiences are induced involuntarily. The practitioner is conscious and self-aware in what appears to be a reality of a mental nature which often emulates the waking state experience. One perceives a realistic phantom reality that can surpass the quality of the waking world, and, although phase environments can appear stable, they can also transmute. It is possible to slip into the dream state from here and vice versa.

REQUIREMENTS:

If anyone is willing to take part in this research as a volunteer, all you have to do is post your name, your email address, your country of origin, and an average of how many times you enter the phase per week. Alternatively, if you want your personal details to remain confidential, just PM them to me.

I just want to say that the experiments are relatively simple to start with and can easily be included in your personal plan of action for the phase. For example, if you wish to fly to Mars and make contact with alien lifeforms but I have sent you an experiment that requires you to pinch your nose and attempt to breathe through it, you can do this and then go about your Martian business. You can even take a few seconds of your stay in the phase to do this while you are inside the mothership accompanied by Martians!!

Anyway, best of luck with lucid dreaming and you know what to do if you wish to take part...

Regards,

Summerlander
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Re: OOBE Research Center: volunteers required

Postby Peter » 26 Sep 2011 03:14

Keen to get invloved.

what do you need from me

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Sep 2011 18:43

Cool! Just start by posting your name, email address, country of origin, and the average number of phase experiences (OOBEs/AP/LDs) per week. If you want confidentiality just PM me your details.

Once I have this information, I can make a decision and send you the first experiment. You will then report back to me about what happened in the phase space. I'm the head of the Phase Managing Department. Remember, there are other departments with more experiments on offer if you want to join their projects too. Have a look at the OOBE Research Center webpage on OBE4u if you are also interested in the others.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Peter

Postby Peter » 26 Sep 2011 19:35

If it worked I just replied by PM - let me know if you received please

Cheers
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Sep 2011 23:37

Sorry, I didn't get it. If there is a problem you can always follow the instructions on the OOBE Research Center webpage and follow instructions. Do try to PM me again though.

- Padmasambhava

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 27 Sep 2011 00:15

Did you get my pm?
jamjam

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Sep 2011 00:29

Yes! I'll get back to you soon! 8-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”