Becoming Lucid in Dangerous Situations

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nocturnal

Becoming Lucid in Dangerous Situations

Postby Nocturnal » 29 Sep 2011 07:41

Many of my dreams (that I remember, of course) are of me in very tense situations - life threatening situations. For various reasons, in the real waking life, I would not commit to a RC in such a threatening situation.

(Example - some one is pointing a gun at my head and I am trying to get away, I would not stop and thing, Is this a dream?)

Is there any way to break this habit while staying safe in Real Life?

Thanks

Ryan

Re: Becoming Lucid in Dangerous Situations

Postby Ryan » 29 Sep 2011 15:15

The name of the game is really "identifying" the strange situations you find yourself while dreaming.
There's no real trick or tip to provide unfortunately.

Do you get into life threatening situations often while awake? :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 29 Sep 2011 20:05

Haha, that's the interesting thing. I do not usually enact in life threatening situations in RL, nor in videogames!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Sep 2011 23:30

Ryan has hit the nail on the head. You can apply the MILD method here by saying to yourself that the next time you find yourself in a life-threatening or dangerous situation, you will remember to perform a reality check. It may also help to remind yourself that such situations are very unusual in your waking life and this may help to bring the more logical and conscious side of you to become aware of the nature of the environment.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 29 Sep 2011 23:50

I will try to do that! Although understand that this is more difficult that my other dreams, as the fight or flight instinct may come in!

Leads me to another question.... Do we (humans) have the same genetic instincts in dreams?

yogithis

Postby yogithis » 01 Oct 2011 23:22

Hey Nocturnal,

I can find myself in situations in dreams where I think I'm going to get a right beating and then I let go and usually find myself with Neolike skills. Once the preceived threat has gone the dream will usually end and I move on to the next. But for a split second the fear is real and if I can't run or fly I meet the situation head on.

Good luck!
Michael

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”