Being STUCK in LUCID dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
SarahDank

Being STUCK in LUCID dreams?

Postby SarahDank » 26 May 2013 07:34

I have written a previous topic about being stuck in dreams. But not being stuck in Lucid dreams.

I have only recently been having this problem and I am quite confused about it.
I mean.. How can that even happen, right? You're meant to be Lucid and be able to control your surroundings..

Have you ever been lucid dreaming and gotten 'stuck'?
Eg: Tried to wake up and not been able to?
Tried to fo somewhere and have not been about to?

With me it's waking up.
It's happened about 3 times now. And believe me its been bloody scary.
I'll tell myself or slap myself in the face to wake up. But I just keep dreaming. Waking up, but then realizing im not awake at all!

Has anyone else had this problem?

SarahDank

Re: Being STUCK in LUCID dreams?

Postby SarahDank » 27 May 2013 09:18

bump

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 28 May 2013 13:50

No I can't say I have. I don't really know how to fix that because I always go about knowing I can't be stuck. Maybe its a mental thing?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 30 May 2013 06:15

Yeah I'm going to say it's that.
It's just frustrating because I have not been able to lucid dream to my full extent since it started.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 May 2013 04:08

Yea, I've been stuck before, but it is rare.
It tends to happen when I am in a deep sleep, early in the night. Not an early morning, last-dream-of-the night, which tend to be lighter and is when I am most frequently lucid. Most of the time I want to prolong my dreams for as long as possible. But one time, in a deep sleep, it got a bit scary and I wanted to wake up, but there was nothing I could do. I tried jumping off a tall building to hit the ground because that usually wakes me up, but it didn't. I fell flat on my face, got up, dusted myself off and I was still dreaming!

Or if I do wake up, it is just a false awakening and I get 3-5 in a row!

But if you mean being stuck in a certain place in a dream, I've had that too. Only twice that I recall, I was fully lucid and the dream was vivid, but I was in a small room and there was no way out. I tried opening a blind to a window and it was boarded up with wood. Behind the wood was solid cement. I just couldn't get out!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 31 May 2013 10:42

I have never been stuck. Maybe it's because I never want to end a lucid dream early, but I dunno.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Jun 2013 01:09

The most common form of being stuck in a dream state from a lucid dream, would be with false awakening (but with FA you then arent lucid dreaming no more as you arent usuallly aware that its a FA)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 01 Jun 2013 22:29

I always do my standard reality checks as soon as I wake up. I've had one FA so far, I did a reality check, and became lucid again.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 02 Jun 2013 00:54

I think being stuck in a lucid dream is ruining it for yourself.
If you know your dreaming, instead of trying to escape them, just enjoy it! Go fly to space or something.
If your false awakenings are what you are getting stuck in, become lucid in them, too. Just do a reality check as soon as you wake up every morning.
Also, im sure feeling stuck is a phycological thing. Just remember you are in control. No need to scare yourself.
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 03 Jun 2013 03:23

Yup, in fact this very idea has brought back loads of memories of when I used to lucid dream frequently, I kinda wanna try get back into it again.

When I got stuck it was during an early morning session where I had had a few lucid dreams before. I then had a very long lucid dream and I kinda just got bored. After getting bored walking around in a lucid dream I decided I wanted to wake up, but simply couldn't. I remember being calm about it and a little frustrated. I imagined a gun around the corner in a sink, I tried to kill myself simply because i thought it would wake me up (a habit you really don't want to carry over...), but when i went to aim the gun at my head, I sorta picked up the gun in FPS mode as if it were a video game. And in video games you cant turn the gun on yourself... so I kinda walked around with a gun in FPS mode. It was strange.

Thats all I can remember about that though.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”