Dream Journals?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Dream Journals?

Postby ShadowWalker » 10 Oct 2011 23:12

I tried last night for the first time to induce a lucid dream (using the MILD method). Of course, it was to no avail. Even worse, I couldn't even remember the dream I had that night. But this requires a bit of explaining, so please bear with me:

I am 16 years old, and sleep in a bunk bed with my step-brother above me. I wake up at 5:30am every weekday for school, and of course I use an alarm clock. I purposely have it placed on the other side of my room, because oftentimes I just hit snooze and fall back asleep. This way I have to get up to turn it off, thereby waking myself. The issue arises here, because I must remember my dream in order to write it down in the journal; but getting up to move across the room made me completely forget my entire dream! How can I resolve this issue?

The reason I mention my brother is because I have seen it stated that you when your alarm goes off, take a moment to actually recall the dream, and keep it in your mind as you go to turn off the alarm. This cannot work in my case, because if I sit there thinking, while my alarm is blaring, my brother will inevitably wake up and complaining will ensue. I need help with resolving this! Please :D

P.S. Is it also acceptable to use a sound recorder instead of a physical journal, to speak into and then write down later?

Re: Dream Journals?

Postby Peter » 11 Oct 2011 00:16

I used to do the same with the clock when I was young and just had to get out of bed, it brings back some nice memories so thanks for that.

Even if you cant remember a dream write that down, its sounds silly but its truly a start and you might find soon that you can set alarm a little later and will wake up when it should have gone off. Try setting it 10 minutes early for a while and then put it back - u will get 10 minutes of peace to ponder the dreams

Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”