Precognitive dreams

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
torakrubik

Precognitive dreams

Postby torakrubik » 11 Oct 2011 21:25

Here's a thought i had the other day. If something happens in reality, you might dream about it later, right? So let's imagine the reality we assume to be 'life', and also the 'dreamworld' are BOTH, in fact, co-existing simultaneous realities. So if in 'life' something happens, we dream about it in the 'dreamworld', we experience the same event twice, in different realities, and at different times. So assuming these 2 realities are linked somehow, would it not be possible for the reverse to happen: something to occur in 'dreamworld' (that is, you have a dream) could it not also occur later on in 'life'? Essentially, what you dream could then occur in the future. Perhaps that is how precognitive dreams exist (This is my theory on how they do).

Even more interesting is if we had a lucid dream, then those dream's events could also happen in 'life'. But in a lucid dream, sometimes we can control it...the subconscious normally acts out a dream for us, let's assume that to be the future that then happens in 'life'. So, after becoming lucid, could we alter the dream and therefore change what the subconscious had planned, and hence change the future in 'life'?

Of course, not all dreams are precognitive and vice versa: not everything that happens is dreamed about. But in some cases both 'realities' appear to intermingle afterwards, and this is my theory behind it. I hope i explained myself ok. What do you guys think? Any comments are appreciated.
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Re: Precognitive dreams

Postby Peter » 11 Oct 2011 21:43

think that somewhere in middle is where it all meets, we create our future by what we do today so a little common sense from the dreamworld and either with knowing our unknowingly we will create the future we want, by event or by pathway.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 12 Oct 2011 01:39

I personally think that dreaming is completely within the mind of the dreamer. Therefore it cannot alter the real world. (In my opinion)

Any other ideas? ;)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

split5050

Postby split5050 » 18 Oct 2011 01:16

I saw this discovery channel type show recently called - Stan Lee's Superhumans. Stan Lee for anyone who doesnt know co invented some of those superhuman comics like spiderman and the hulk. Anyway the show is about this guy, deemed a superhuman by stan lee because of his ability to bend his body into weird shapes, who travels around the world to investigate potential other superhumans. This one guy he goes and sees apparently can see into the future when he dreams. He had a couple of dreams - the first that predicted a massive plane crash that occurred the following day. He didnt do anything about this dream but after that he believed he had an ability to have precognitive dreams. Sometime after he had another dream about a potential terrorist bomb attack that was going to happen and he alerted the authorities and they evacuated the target spot and prevented any civilians being hurt. On the superhumans show he tells that story and shows the official thank you's from the prime ministers secretary and he claims he now does work for the CIA and i think the british intelligence agency MI5. So they decide to test to see if they can see any scientific evidence to back up his claims. They put him in a labratory bedroom and wire him up with all kinds of sensors and film his night's sleep. Before he sleeps they ask him to try and predict, using his dreams, the location that they are going to take him the following day. During the night the guy wakes up 4 or 5 times deliberately (ie he is having lucid dreams and whilst he is having them he wakes him self from the dreams) and straight away moves to his note pad and writes some stuff down and then goes back to sleep to his lucid dreams until he wants to write some more stuff down about his premonitions. It turns out that he vaguely predicts a few things about the place they go to but its not really exact enough to say that he is having precognitive dreams. Although, to me it doesnt seem like a very fair test. i think that if precognitive dreams are possible then i dont think they can be summoned at will to predict any old thing thats going to happen. I mean other wise the guy could say to himself, oh well, tonight im going to make myself predict the lottery numbers, or whether i should take an umbrella to work or not. I think if precognitive dreams are possible then it would take a great collision in the framework of any collective space we might all share with our subconscious selves to be felt in dreams that wake a conscious mind to the reality of its meaning. And if such a collision could be felt by some before it happens then it makes sense to say that it should be felt by some after it happens. So, are there people who are having dreams of significant events that happen in the past? and if so, then we could surely be able to prove if some of these are real or not, because they have already happened? Has anyone heard of people tapping into the past with their dreams?

split5050

Postby split5050 » 18 Oct 2011 01:32

Oh and something from my own personal experience - just strange things that make wonder about how very loosely we all throw around the word - reality. I have a few times in my life dreamt of people who i havent seen in ages, or ever even dreamt of before, who i randomly bump into very soon after i see them in my dream. Or like, when i have deja vu and its not just, "oh this has happened before" its more like, i swear this fragment of a moment has been a part of one of my dreams - but its never like some great significant moment, its just a random passing moment. It feels almost like its just a prod from some sort of 6th sense, so to speak... i dont know.. these are just very small things that keep me open and interested in discovering more

Return to “Paranormal Activity”