Website's translation to czech

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Jireky

Website's translation to czech

Postby Jireky » 05 Oct 2011 20:57

Hello to all lucid dreamers! This topic is aimed at Rebecca as I have failed to find a proper way to contact her.

So, I've been interested in lucid dreaming for quite a while and led a couple of friends to it too. The thing is, they don't understand english very well and because I consider this website as awesome source of knowledge about lucid dreaming, I'd absolutely love to translate its contents to my language (czech) for a czech version of it. I think it would help lots of people understand the beauty of being awake in a dream. Rebecca, if you are interested, please tell me where to send the translations and I'll begin immediately. :D

Cheers, Jireky
"You see things and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'"
- George Bernard Shaw

Peter

Re: Website's translation to czech

Postby Peter » 06 Oct 2011 00:17

nice gesture - spread the word

I was in Prague last year and its a beautiful city
Cheers
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 08 Oct 2011 11:34

Download Google chrome. If you have Czech as your language of choice, it will give you the option of translating any foreign language at a website into Czech. I checked Czech is one of it's supported languages.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Mewie

Postby Mewie » 08 Oct 2011 17:49

Good idea! Spread this amazing lucid dreaming world!

Sweet dreams! :D
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

Jireky

Postby Jireky » 14 Oct 2011 22:52

I take it you're not interested, Rebecca? :I
"You see things and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'"
- George Bernard Shaw

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 16 Oct 2011 08:18

Hi Jireky

I think it's a great idea.

As Snaggle says, Chrome can translate entire web pages automatically for you. Did you know this? Perhaps you could try this for my site into Czech and tell me if the resulting translation is accurate?

Alternatively, I can also put a Google gadget in my menu which gives you the option to automatically translate the page into any language, in any browser. I had this up in the past but wasn't sure if anyone was using it.

Let me know if this is a good solution and if you find the translations accurate.

Cheers!

Jireky

Postby Jireky » 16 Oct 2011 10:23

Hello, Rebecca and thanks for replying.

See, the problem with Chrome translator or any translating gizmos for that matter is that they're really, really inaccurate if you want to translate coherent texts. I've downloaded Chrome right now just to see how badly it translates websites and I must say even I didn't expect such a poor result.

I think the best solution would be to manually create the czech section as a core part of the website and let me mail/PM/anything you all the texts which I would write myself. What are your thoughts about this?
- George Bernard Shaw

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 18 Oct 2011 05:28

Heya

I am really delighted that you want to do all this and invest your time - and for that I'm really appreciative.

However from my side it would quickly become a logistical nightmare. Apart from recreating the website (which has 150+ articles and growing) in Czech - even with your help!! - I have also had requests to translate it for Brazil, Poland, Germany, etc so it's already getting quite complicated. Where does it stop?

Even if I had willing victims (I mean, translators) in every language who could donate their time and knowledge for free, presenting the various language options on the site is beyond my technical knowledge.

It's a problem, I know. I would love for people of all languages to benefit from this site. But translating it all into all the major languages (and them some) is not something I can logistically comprehend right now.

Too bad that the robot translators are so poor... but I think they will improve in time so that one day anyone, anywhere can view the site in their native language at the click of a button.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your suggestion and willingness to help me grow the site. ;)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 18 Oct 2011 05:34

I have had a thought... I offer a digital course called The Lucid Dreaming Fast Track http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-fast-track.html ....if you want to translate that into Czech I could sell the Czech version and everyone would benefit.

- For you, it would mean translating approx 120 pages.
- For me, it would mean supplying a Czech version via a single link.
- For your friends, it would mean learning everything I have to offer from introduction to mastering lucid dreaming in a single resource.

In short, translating and sharing a book is much easier than translating and sharing an entire website!
And if other translators want to put it into their language I would be more than happy to accommodate them.

If you are interested I'll send you a copy for free ;)

Jireky

Postby Jireky » 18 Oct 2011 15:39

Hi.

Shame that I can't translate the website, but translating the course seems like a good idea too, I'm in. I just have two questions.
1) Where do I send the translated texts and in what form?
2) What happens to the narrated audio part?
- George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Off-Topic”