I had my first lucid dream!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Pew446

I had my first lucid dream!

Postby Pew446 » 20 Oct 2011 20:41

Hey everyone, I just thought I'd share that I had my first lucid dream last night! I'm so excited! It was nothing special, I was at my school and out of nowhere I realized I was dreaming, because I couldn't remember how I got to school. I walked outside and tried to imagine that an earthquake was going to happen, but nothing happened. I didn't manage to actually look at anyone's faces. The cement in the ground were squares, rather than a smooth pavement. Juicy Details! I did some dream checks to make sure I really was dreaming, like plugging my nose; I could still breath! I think I got too excited because I woke up after I was for sure I was dreaming.

How do you make things happen? Like how do you fly, or, in my case, how do you make an earthquake happen?

Peter

Re: I had my first lucid dream!

Postby Peter » 20 Oct 2011 23:11

Just ask for them, its your dream and your canvas so ask away and enjoy

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

MiaSnow

Postby MiaSnow » 21 Oct 2011 06:41

Congratulations Pew!

In my experience so far, expectation can create what you want. But it doesn't always. Things can happen that will totally surprise & not be as expected.

You might be able to increase your chances of creating an earthquake by immersing yourself in the topic during waking hours. Watch videos of quakes, look at pics, maybe make a reality check based on whether or not the ground is moving. Best of luck to you!

Pew446

Postby Pew446 » 22 Oct 2011 09:26

Thanks for the tips. I love lucid dreaming. It gives me a weird sense in the morning like.. Something I can't really explain, and that's what makes it so great, is that only I know what the feeling is like to me. :)

Jenny Helen

Postby Jenny Helen » 06 Nov 2011 19:04

Pew446 wrote:I love lucid dreaming. It gives me a weird sense in the morning like.. Something I can't really explain, and that's what makes it so great, is that only I know what the feeling is like to me. :)

That's beautifully put...

I'm actually having the same problem myself, although i think i might have solved it. (at least my case) I just read about, looked at and thought about the subject i wanted to appear in my dream, right before bedtime. My dream then started with that theme, but it wasn't a lucid dream. But i'll try again, let me know if you find a method that solves this problem, would you?
Splendidly Strange~

Lupe

Postby Lupe » 30 Dec 2011 09:42

well, you have a good start - when i realize i am dreaming, i wake up... or sometimes when i dream i try to understand if i am dreaming and i cant. if i could do what other people here do, that would be really amazing.. i'll keep trying :)
image editor http://fineimageeditor.com/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Dec 2011 17:50

Pew446 wrote:How do you make things happen? Like how do you fly, or, in my case, how do you make an earthquake happen?

I recently "learned" how to fly by just trying and seeing what happened. The first time I had to make a decision and kind of think about it. I was taking off from a hill so it was a little easier. It worked, but I was definitely losing altitude. The second time I just intended to fly without much of a thought at all, and instantly I was flying. It was at night and I was actually flying on my back which was weird, but it felt so fantastic to feel the air rushing by me and the sense of movement at high speed. I didn't even know or care where I was going. That one experience was worth all of the work I've put into learning how to lucid dream. I think you learn control by first starting with your own actions which for me are the easiest part of control. What happens in a dream is only limited by your abilities to mainfest whatever reality you want. In waking life we do the same thing, but we have external inputs to help us. In dreams you're kind of on your own. But it's sure fun trying and learning!

MiaSnow wrote:It gives me a weird sense in the morning like.. Something I can't really explain, and that's what makes it so great, is that only I know what the feeling is like to me.

Yes, I have that feeling too. I think it's an elevated level of consciousness.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 30 Dec 2011 18:57

I think the problem was that you forgot to stabilize the dream...
Good luck!
jamjam

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”