Lucid Dream and now Not Dreaming?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
rothgar

Lucid Dream and now Not Dreaming?

Postby rothgar » 18 Oct 2011 15:26

I had a couple lucid dreams awhile back before I knew what they were (over last 5 years. Now I realize I was only just semi-lucid), but about 2 weeks ago I decided to really explore this further, and bought LaBerge's book "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming". I've only read about half the book. In about 3 days I had my first "true" lucid dream, and it was MUCH more lucid than my two prior lucid dreams. It REALLY inspired me to continue. It was like my "2-dimensional" dream character I was "watching" was replaced with the REAL ME!!! (I'm sure you all know what I mean, but I'm still pretty excited).

On Saturday, I had a 2nd lucid dream that just literally blew me away, because I was so lucid that it was like literally being in a whole new world that I didn't realized existed before. I was living just half a life, it seems. Now I understand that the ones who wrote the Matrix or Inception must have had a true understanding of what lucid dreaming is about. I was so "stoked up" that I awoke at 1:30am and could not go to sleep after that (for at least 3 and a half hours). PS - the dream did not last that long... I tried the spin trick, but "thought" I woke up in my bed and didn't do a reality test. Now I think I didn't really wake up because I drifted mentally, lost lucidity and had another dream and REALLY woke up in maybe 20 minutes later.

Until Saturday, I was keeping a dream journal (for 1 week now) and dream memory was getting better and better and better! Now the bad news... after Saturday (for 2 days now) I cannot remember a single dream. And it is so frustrating because I want so badly to develop my skills in having more lucid dreams, and it looks like I "shut down" a bit. Has anyone ever had this experience? After my lucid dream, the next day the whole "real" world to me was such an exciting place and I noticed beauty everywhere. And partly because my eyes had been opened up to something incredible that I was so looking forward to exploring. And then no dreams! Arrggh!!

Not giving up (I can't now having experienced what I did) but sure would like some thoughts on this. I am probably just being impatient... it's been less than 2 weeks since my first LD and I've had 2.

rothgar

Re: Lucid Dream and now Not Dreaming?

Postby rothgar » 21 Oct 2011 13:26

Hi. After 4 days of not dreaming or remembering dreams, I realized I was still tired from the incredible experience of a lucid dream, which kept me from falling asleep. I took a nap yesterday to get "caught up" on sleep, and went back to the basics of lying still after awakening to see if I could recall any dreams. Fortunately last night I started to dream again and remember. Just beware that your first "lucid" dream experience can be so incredible that you can't fall back asleep. Get caught up on the lost sleep!

Peter

Re: Lucid Dream and now Not Dreaming?

Postby Peter » 21 Oct 2011 19:23

you need to rest after some of the dreams as they will wear you out or at least they do for me and dont sweat if you cant remember as there is no score to make just a process to devlop in your own way and own time.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”