Questions for Rebecca

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Dreamer117

Re: Questions for Rebecca

Postby Dreamer117 » 22 Sep 2011 22:07

hey rebecca, im only 13 but i really love everythin to do with dreams, i am slowly but surley having mire and more vivid lucid dreams but every time i know im dreaming i cant seem to do anything to control it, be it fly change scenry makw things appear use powers, i cant do anythin just wonder round aimlessley. i have read your tips on hwo to control them but they dont seem to be working. any more advice you could give me ? It would be a great help :)

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 26 Sep 2011 05:22

Dreamer117 wrote:hey rebecca, im only 13 but i really love everythin to do with dreams, i am slowly but surley having mire and more vivid lucid dreams but every time i know im dreaming i cant seem to do anything to control it, be it fly change scenry makw things appear use powers, i cant do anythin just wonder round aimlessley. i have read your tips on hwo to control them but they dont seem to be working. any more advice you could give me ? It would be a great help :)

If you feel your lucid dream is still out of control I suggest:

* Increasing your lucidity and self-awareness in the dream. This will enable you to think clearly, stay calm, perceive everything, and stay in the moment without losing lucidity. The best ways I find are to rub your hands together, do basic math, recall what day it is, recall your lucid dream intention, do a reality check, etc.

* Do simple things first. You may not be able to perform amazing feats straight away if you aren't used to the lucid experience. So try simple things first, like exploring the scenery around you, examining objects up close, talking to dream characters, looking in mirrors, etc. This may also beef up the clarity of the dream, leading to more wild things like conjuring up new characters and flying high over the city.

Also remember that lucid dreaming does not have to equal dream control.

Many lucidity experts recognize that the "wish fulfillment" of lucid dreaming is just the beginning.... There are many other exciting applications that don't involve dream manipulation. So my final tip is...

* Being a conscious observer. Why not ask the dream to show you something really amazing? Or ask a dream character to tell you what part of your psyche they represent? Or ask the dream specific questions about your life?

The amazing thing is, you will be able to take these answers direct from your subconscious, with a clear level of conscious thought! It is like a "live" dream interpretation session, and you can ask more questions as you go. I have had many stunning experiences this way, without any "dream control" whatsoever.

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 28 Oct 2011 01:02

I want to thank you for your forum... this is an awesome place to learn and share. I am a late-comer to lucid dreaming... I'm 59. Wish I had known about this earlier. I did have a couple semi-lucid dreams awhile back (last 5 years) on my own when I dreamed was in a dark alley with some bad dudes... the fear shocked me into a semi-lucid state... I knew I was dreaming and took control and just destroyed them! So when I heard about LD I figured I'd be a good candidate. I've had 4 in the last 4 weeks so I'm getting the hand of it I think/hope. Had a great one last night. When I had my first "really" lucid dream a couple weeks back, I woke up at 1:30am and could not get back to sleep I was so pumped up! It is virtually impossible to explain to someone who has never experienced it.

And hence my question... do you encounter many who just cannot believe this is true, and think you are nuts? My own family has a hard time believing, and even if they do sort of believe, they don't really "get" it. You can't without experiencing it. If they got it, they would be trying to do it! But most of them just think it's like dreaming and no big deal... why waste the time? I'ts like trying to make a blind man understand what seeing is like! Ever run into this or are all your friends and relatives into it?

jmol

Postby jmol » 28 Oct 2011 01:27

Hello Rebecca,
Is there any advice that is the most effective in your opinion? I know people may induce Lucid Dreams diffrently, but I have been trying for a while so if you have any advice that would be great :D thanks!!

Jenny Helen

Postby Jenny Helen » 31 Oct 2011 18:26

I have a little question conserning ricola good-night tea, do you think it will make it easier or harder to have a LD?
Splendidly Strange~

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 05 Nov 2011 08:19

rothgar wrote:And hence my question... do you encounter many who just cannot believe this is true, and think you are nuts? My own family has a hard time believing, and even if they do sort of believe, they don't really "get" it. You can't without experiencing it. If they got it, they would be trying to do it! But most of them just think it's like dreaming and no big deal... why waste the time? I'ts like trying to make a blind man understand what seeing is like! Ever run into this or are all your friends and relatives into it?

Yeah it's amazing how some people get the wrong end of the stick! Usually they just don't know enough about it and assume it's paranormal, New Age, or all in the mind (so to speak!!)

I actually get this question most times when I fall into conversation with strangers. It goes like this...

"What do you do for a living?"
"I run a few websites."
"Really! What are they about?"
"Well my biggest one is about lucid dreaming?"
"What's that?"
>>Cue my explanation, which starts small and simple but you know when you're talking about lucid dreaming, it can never be left at that.....

Most intelligent people have lots of questions and keep probing, so I'm very happy to explain what it is in detail, how it works, how you can benefit from it, etc. I stress how different it is from normal dreaming and what scientific evidence there is to back it up. Of course, I can talk about it all day....

And quite a few people already know about it and even have lucid dreams themselves (but never really called them lucid dreams, it was just something they chanced upon naturally).

Some people just say "ooo-eerrr... spooky!" and don't really want to know more, so I don't even try. I consider it my "job" to educate people in lucid dreaming... but not if they don't want to be educated!

You're absolutely right you do have to experience it yourself to start to appreciate it. Although for some reason, even before my first lucid dream, I knew there was something special and different about this state and that it would feel like another world entirely..... which it does. :D

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 05 Nov 2011 08:22

jmol wrote:Is there any advice that is the most effective in your opinion? I know people may induce Lucid Dreams diffrently, but I have been trying for a while so if you have any advice that would be great :D thanks!!

I get asked this all the time! So I revamped my article on "how to have lucid dreams" and at the end you'll see I included the best methods which work for me personally. This doesn't mean they'll work best for you personally. But people wont stop asking. So, I give you this. :D

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-have-lucid-dreams.html

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 05 Nov 2011 08:29

Jenny Helen wrote:I have a little question conserning ricola good-night tea, do you think it will make it easier or harder to have a LD?

I've never heard of this and haven't used it myself. However I see no particular reason why it would enhance lucid dreaming. One review online said it contained a lot of sugar, which seems like a bad thing to consume before bed (it'll give you energy... and turn straight to fat). Not sure if that review was genuine though.

If you post the ingredients list I'll see if anything jumps out at me. There are some substances that will help you lucid dream. For instance, the old wives tale that cheese before bed causes nightmares is partially true... it can make your dreams more intense because of the tryptophan which normalizes sleep patterns.

Jenny Helen

Postby Jenny Helen » 05 Nov 2011 16:55

"Ingredients: sugar, dextrose, orange flower extract (2.2%), lemon melisse, lime blossom, hops blossoms, lady’s mantle, honey, caramel sugar, citric acid, natural aroma (orange, mandarin, grapefruit, lavender"
Splendidly Strange~

Centaron

Postby Centaron » 11 Nov 2011 03:49

I have been lucid dreaming for a week or two now and i'm using the MILD mostly.For some reason i have only
had lucid dreams every other day not using the CAT at all.Why every other day?
Lucidreaming is fun, like me.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”