Some WILD technique

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Toby

Some WILD technique

Postby Toby » 15 Oct 2011 15:45

Hi!

I thought I would never be a WILD lucid dreamer. Mostly, I became lucid spontaneously in the past or by some sort of reality check (reading and switching lights on work best for me). But in the last two weeks a got some idea on WILD. When I wake up in the early morning, I just remember my intention to have lucid dreams. Then I try to relax and just fall "asleep" again. But I focus my mind on anything like an edge. As soon as "hypnagogic" images of some sort of edge appear (for example a corner of a wall or a cup or just anything having a solid edge) I try to grab this edge with my mind and suddenly I am in a LD. I didn't work it out, it just happened spontaneously and I realized I can reproduce it. It's now three times that the method worked (in two weeks!). It sounds strange, doesn't it? Also images of stairs in a hypnagogic state once led to that state. It seems important to me that I not only see the edgy structure but that I really feel I could "reach out" for it.

Has anyone similar WILD-methods?

Great dreams are ahead... Toby

fineganswaker

Re: Some WILD technique

Postby fineganswaker » 28 Oct 2011 21:09

Hey, Toby.

I see nobody's responded yet (hope you're still checking out the forum :) ).

Just wanted to tell you that I read your post a while back and I think this is actually a cool idea.

I don't have any luck at all (so far) with WILDs--but I've added your idea of an "edge" while practicing WILD induction methods. In a weird way that makes sense: since hypnogogic images are so fleeting, it might make sense to step into 'em by hanging on to something! It hits me as one of those wiggy ideas that might just work!

I'll definitely let you know if anything interesting happens.

Regards,

--FW

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 29 Oct 2011 01:39

Me too.

I want t WILD but just can't get anything to work. The image disappears as I try to lock on to it.

I'll post back with results.

fineganswaker

Postby fineganswaker » 31 Oct 2011 19:20

fuzzylogic wrote:Me too.

I want t WILD but just can't get anything to work. The image disappears as I try to lock on to it. I'll post back with results.

Same type of stuff happens to me. As soon as I lock onto a hypnogogic image I get yanked back out into waking. It seems like I may be making progress though, and the process itself is really interesting...

But for me the only thing the WILD methods have been good for so far (very good, though) is as another device to induce DILD LDs once I'm back asleep. Had another pretty intense LD just this Sunday morning (late--around 8:30am), and it was after I was using all the typical WILD induction methods--but I also threw in thinking back on a previous non-LD dream and wondering what it would've been like to have become lucid in it (so like a WILD/MILD highball).

What was cool about this last LD is that I recognized a dreamsign. Need to really work on dream control, though. I found that looking at the ground caused the dream to refocus and become vivid again--a first for me and very, very cool! But it also caused a major scene change--which I did not want to happen at the time.

The other odd thing is that at one point I tried spinning to try to really stabilize the dream (which I've done before). I did this because an interesting dream figure was approaching who, to me, obviously wanted to enter into a conversation--and I had a number of questions to ask it about LDing. But this time the spinning didn't do anything--and my surprise at that caused me to wake right up! Man, what was up with spinning not working like that!?

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Nov 2011 03:06

when you get to the hypo stage with images let them come to you as you are trying to enter into the dream state with awake. You are awake and the images are the formations of dreams so just let them come to you and you will pop into a dream. Funniest thing is that a lot of the time you will get the dream and still miss the instant and no be lucid. It maddening

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Toby

Postby Toby » 02 Nov 2011 15:43

Hello,

yes, I am still checking the posts. :D I wasn't quite that successful in the last week or so. Monday night I had hypnogogic images, but couldn't find the entrance to the dream. I didn't really get the "edge". But I think one problem was that I wasn't completely aware of my state of mind. Actually, the hypnagogic images were some sort of anime cartoon. I didn't know by subconscious mind was able to draw that well... In a waking state the best thing I can draw is a cube or something. But it wasn't a dream (at least it didn't fell like): I felt my body lying in my bed and the images had that character of distance. First, it was like any hypnagogic images that I know: just geometric pattern and floating colours. But the suddenly an egg emerged out of the spinning colours and the some tiny cartoon-person was "born" out of the egg, moved around for some seconds and the vanished again.

I have also some experience on spinning in a lucid dream. For me, it does not stabilize lucidity so far. I can use it only to change the scenery - and for that it is very effective. In fact, I have no real way of stabilizing an LD. But over time I have learned to dive into the same dream I had before after waking up. So I have an LD, then I wake up, remember the LD and how I want it to go on, and the I dive back into the same dream. In a very good night (rare! :( ...) this may work four to five times so I can really "develop" the dream that I want.

But last week I had only very weird dreams and no LD - but the hypnagogic anime was surely very nice and unusual!!!

Toby

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”