Trouble becoming lucid

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mizudatsurugi

Trouble becoming lucid

Postby mizudatsurugi » 05 Nov 2011 04:35

Hey guys :D

I'm new here and I think I need a little bit of help getting lucid.

I've always been able to become semi-lucid, but rarely fully lucid. I usually know that I'm dreaming but I never have control at will unless it's rewinding the dream so that I could watch a part I missed again.

Last night, in two separate dreams I remember trying to do reality checks but I'm not sure if it worked. For a start, in nearly all of my dreams I don't actually have a body so I had no hands. Checked my hands for reality check, but they weren't there. Image of my hands flickered on and off, then the dream just stopped. After that in another dream in the same night I wasn't lucid at all.

Is this a good start? Does it matter if you don't have a body in your dreams?

jamjam

Re: Trouble becoming lucid

Postby jamjam » 06 Nov 2011 02:17

Hmmm... I'd say that's a good start but if you don't have a body the only way to get to the lucid stage would be to notice something weird. If you never have a body in dreams then I suggest you try the WILD method.

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Nov 2011 02:56

Bit confused, if you notice that you did not have a body isnt that a reality check and an so you could have got lucid?.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

mizudatsurugi

Postby mizudatsurugi » 06 Nov 2011 22:30

Peter wrote:Bit confused, if you notice that you did not have a body isnt that a reality check and an so you could have got lucid?.

That's a really good point. That's what I was thinking too actually, I think maybe I need more practice to get lucid since that was my first night trying it out.

jamjam wrote:...I suggest you try the WILD method.

jamjam, do you have any tips for WILD? I've been starting with MILD, but I tried it out last night and I got to the hypnagogic imagery part, which was pretty cool. Have yet to become lucid though.

Return to “For Beginners”