Can't enter Hypnagogic Imagery state in WILD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

Can't enter Hypnagogic Imagery state in WILD

Postby zilvis89 » 24 Jul 2011 17:08

I already had 1 lucid dream you can read here ->

Not sure what technique it was.. but i believe it was MILD

So it's been 3 nights ..Every time i woke up in the morning around 5 - 6 AM , got out of bed and stayed for 30-50 minutes , then i went back to bed and listened (while trying to do the WILD technique) to that full 45 min Lucid dreaming MP3 which i bought from Unexplainable store.But every time my body gets heavy , the state when i can't feel it , i try to focus into the darkness in my eyelids , but i can't see any figures , scenes , objects, patterns .. it's just black.Last morning i listened to the mp3 2 times , 45 minutes each , tried changing sides after each try , but it didn't work and later i tried to take a nap at around 3 PM , listened 2 times again ..And no images or whatever appeared.Can't imagine what i'm doing wrong.I seem to get to the state of physical and mental relaxation correctly , i sometimes can feel how my lips are moving or mouth is open even if it's not.
Any suggestions?

Re: Can't enter Hypnagogic Imagery state in WILD

Postby rdubya » 26 Jul 2011 15:47

Have you meditated in the past? 30-50 minutes of a non meditated mind is pretty intense and probably won't receive the results you want. Stick with it, just remember, meditation is like going to the gym for your mind, don't expect to run 10 miles your first day in.

Postby xanthier » 09 Nov 2011 03:31

In my experience you have to be in it for the long haul when it comes to WILD. I have been trying this off and on for months. I think, like some people suggest, that the lack of progress can be accounted for by my inexperience at meditating. I really think you have to be committed to trying this a long time. I struggle with symptoms of ADD so I had trouble getting any hypnagogic images too, at the most I would get bluish spots or waves and not much else.

I think this has to do with keeping your mind blank. I have only recently started finally getting a little farther with the images so that I'm starting to see the other images they talk about. I recommend trying for 30 min to an hour at least once a week. Also, practicing meditation will also help a lot.

Postby Peter » 09 Nov 2011 06:29

THere in nothing correct or incorrect in what you are doing. I will get the images and may enter a dream via WILD from this or I may see the spots and simply will my awareness into these spots and enter a dream. Either works fine. Just lookf at what you have acheived and move from there, not look at what didnt happen as this may cause you to doubt yourself and will hold up progress
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”