This is amazing!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
thomas

Re: This is amazing!

Postby thomas » 10 Nov 2011 02:41

Great discussion you guys! Opens up all kinds of areas for new thought. Here is some of my experience on this -

I believe that we can connect with other realities other than our own - here is why I think this.

First, I, like you all, are not of any particular religion. I got into meditation by accident quite a few years ago. I was having problems getting to sleep and a friend recommended a guided relaxation tape. I never considered it meditation, but it did the trick and I got to sleep quickly. I have a high stress job so I used the cassette tape (yes, that's right, a cassette) every night until it wore out and then I got a CD. After a couple of years I started seeing hypnagogic images (H.I.) Had zero clue what they were and started researching. I thought they were just musings of a bored subconscious. Interesting and fun to watch but of no real consequence. However, one night I had an extremely vivid image of a particular scene. It wasn't my usual 5 - 15 sec. "movie". It was more involved. I saw an accident and the next day I was able to verify this. It was exactly how I'd seen it. This was not a lucid dream as I was watching it and not actively involved. I sensed/felt it was different.

Secondly, I had a friend who lost his sister in a sudden car accident. I had met her only a couple times. I did not know her well. On the third night after her death I had a normal (not lucid) dream where she came to me and said "I can't get through to Jon (my friend) he's blocked. Can you please tell him I'm fine and ---(personal stuff I won't repeat here.) I labored over telling my friend Jon for hours the next day because I thought he would think me nuts. I was questioning myself too. Finally I did tell him and she had hit all the detailed issues on the head. I would not have told him if I did not sense that this "dream" was different.

So, here is my point.

IMO I think our subconscious is responsible for most all of what we see/experience in dreams (normal and lucid),and H.I. But, on rare occasions (rare for me anyway) we catch a sliver of other realities. The way I can tell the difference is how they feel. Hugely different that any other dream (lucid or normal) or H.I.

So - Fuzzylogic - You lucid dream about 1x/week (if I could be so lucky). You know how these feel/sense. Did this last one feel vastly different? It sounds to me like it was.

Thomas

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Nov 2011 03:06

I have had a few dreams that have come true, some literal and some close but not completely accurate so can agree with what you are saying.
Other realities, to my mind they exist but where I don’t know.
I read somewhere that time only exists in our reality so if you follow that thread then in a dream and therefore another state everything that can and will happen already has and hasn’t.... so the task is to place yourself in a position to observe what has happened and will soon happen.. Work that out, I spend hours on long bike rides pondering for the fun of it so it’s the questioning rather that answering that becomes interesting

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

thomas

Postby thomas » 10 Nov 2011 04:51

Like you I have no idea where these other realities are, but I do believe they exist.

Time is another thing altogether. I have heard the idea about us in this reality being "stuck" in it. I can't quite wrap my mind around the other concept - everything has and hasn't happened already. It gets me going in circles. It is worth some pondering though. Hmmm.

Thomas

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 10 Nov 2011 11:43

[quote=

So - Fuzzylogic - You lucid dream about 1x/week (if I could be so lucky). You know how these feel/sense. Did this last one feel vastly different? It sounds to me like it was.

Thomas[/quote]

Interesting you ask,,,

For me lucid dreams vary. Some are similar feeling to regular dreams and others are quite different, more clear and less jumbled. Even when I say" clarity now" those dreams that aren't as lucid don't really get to the same feel as others.

This dream I discussed here was quite real seeming and I get the strong sensation I was communicating outside of myself.

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 10 Nov 2011 11:50

Thomas-

I know there are things you'd rather not share but I wonder if you can say a bit more about the information your friend's sister shared?

I am in the stage now where I'm trying to collect more concrete "proof" of what we may be experiencing. This is for my own personal journey, not for any publication or anything.

Can you give more detail? Or if not. perhaps similar examples of the sort of info and a description of the amount of info she shared with you? If not on open forum then directly to me?

thomas

Postby thomas » 11 Nov 2011 03:44

Fuzzylogic - I can tell you the non-personal info that was told to me by my friend's sister in my dream. The others I will keep to myself.

1. She called my friend by HER nickname for him. She is the only one that used this particular name. I had not heard of it.

2. She stated their childhood dog was there (he died years ago)and called him by his name. My friend verified it's accuracy. I never knew he had a childhood dog. It just never came up in conversation.

3. She stated that Jon was really upset "about not being able to say goodbye. Tell him I know and it's alright." (She died instantly.) And indeed, he was.

Now, the last one is probably how anyone feels when they lose a loved one suddenly. They didn't get to say goodbye. However, the first two I mentioned are not. I get the sense that had she not included other verifiable information Jon would have blown it off to "just a dream". I think that was her way of proving she had really visited.

My friend to this day believes it was her giving me a message for him. I think so too. My other feelings, since we're discussing this are - she said he was "blocked". I'm thinking he was so emotionally overwhelmed she couldn't break through -or something.

I would say the dream lasted approximately one minute. I never uttered a word - I just listened. I felt like I shouldn't interrupt. After she finished she just faded away and I woke up. I can't describe where she was - it wasn't a landscape or anything. She was just there. What I felt from her was a sense of peace and calmness. Her smile was beautiful. She looked much better than in real life.

I hope this helps your journey -

Thomas

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 11 Nov 2011 12:01

Thomas-

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain.

This is a very powerful story and I appreciate you sharing it.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”