INCEPTION

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
livierae12

INCEPTION

Postby livierae12 » 30 Oct 2011 16:38

INCEPTION
literally the best movie ever! (ecpecially if your into dreaming!)

this movie is about a man who is given a job offer to try to plant an idea into a mans mind using shared dreaming. shared dreaming is a way to dream with more then one person with ultimate lucidity. with this task he assambles a group to make this work as best as they can, while cobb still fights his own sub concious.

for this movie you really have to be able to listen, and concetrate, or you will miss really big details!!

the idea of share dreaming makes me wish it was true! PLEASE WATCH! its a must see! i know its for rent in REDBOX! if you watch it or have seen it please comment and start a discussion! :D
LiViE RaE ;)
*Dream on*

Jonathan

Re: INCEPTION

Postby Jonathan » 05 Nov 2011 05:25

It is an awesome movie! I saw it (again) on television earlier today.

livierae12

Postby livierae12 » 05 Nov 2011 05:46

thats great! dont u wish the shared dreaming was real??!??? i wish technolagy would advance in stuff like that! :roll:
LiViE RaE ;)
*Dream on*

MikeFromTheUK

Postby MikeFromTheUK » 11 Nov 2011 01:11

Inception is such a profound movie, I love it so much. It's the reason why I am working to become a lucid dreamer. I have the totem (the spinning top) that Cobb uses for his reality checks. I spin it every hour at the beep of my digital watch (as well as carrying out other reality checks).

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 11 Nov 2011 02:02

MikeFromTheUK wrote: I have the totem (the spinning top) that Cobb uses for his reality checks. .

I wonder if that will actually work as a reality check?

MikeFromTheUK

Postby MikeFromTheUK » 11 Nov 2011 11:25

fuzzylogic wrote:
MikeFromTheUK wrote: I have the totem (the spinning top) that Cobb uses for his reality checks. .

I wonder if that will actually work as a reality check?

I will soon find out!

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 12 Nov 2011 23:51

I agree... a GREAT movie, and a lot of stuff related to Lucid Dreaming is in the movie. I didn't understand it as well, until I started having lucid dreams.

A couple days ago I had a lucid dream... I did it by clearing my mind, and then picturing the spinning top, trying to fall asleep. I figured that if I saw it in my dream I would know it was a dream, since that's the only frame of reference I have for that spinning top... in the movie. It worked for me, but then it might just have been "intent to LD" that caused it to happen. I don't recall seeing the spinning top. I'll be testing this out the next few nights. By the way I also ordered the Inception totem... figured it might help. I call this the inception technique. I figure if you can incubate the top into your dream, then it might trigger as a dreamsign.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 29 Nov 2011 01:11

Lol, people will probably discover dream sharing technology one day before I die.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

crazymoth

Postby crazymoth » 29 Nov 2011 08:07

One way to trigger lucid dreaming is by asking yourself during the daytime "Am I dreaming?" If you make it a habit of asking yourself that once every 2 hours or so you'll start doing it in your dreams. The question will just pop up. "Am I dreaming?" And if you are asleep and dreaming it will trigger your lucidity.

It really works.

ThreeStarE

Postby ThreeStarE » 06 Dec 2011 02:58

This was my favorite movie like crazyy :D let's dream within a dream boys and...... wait I wanna try that :o ill give a huuuge happyface to anyone that succeeds at trying to fall asleep and dream when your alreadyy dreaming .!
"Everything we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
but be that there, so true, so fair, we do not dare, the hating nightmare..."

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”