Project Uni, some questions.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
najrasaam

Project Uni, some questions.

Postby najrasaam » 15 Nov 2011 20:34

Heey everyone,

The reason I am trying to lucid dream is for 2 reasons:
1 - I want it just for myself (entertainment)
2 - For my project at the technical university in the netherlands.
I'm Doing Industrial Design and for my project i need to create a speculative design. (a design that is realizable in 5-10 years based on technologies and science). So whats is the project about? Its about nanotechnology. What I want to do is to use nanotech to improve 2 things, neurosensors and a micro chip behind or in the eye. With the neurosensors, i want to reconstruct images from your dream such as dreams. With the micro chip i want to feed the eye nerves images to the brain. So now what i do is that what you think, imagine, dream... will be the thing that you really see with your eye. So wen you WILD, and you start to "see" things... you will really see them with your eye. This allows to go much faster into a dream and make the whole WILD thing go faster. This will be the entertainment of the future. Instead of watching movies, everyone will be able to lucid dream without training. This is the project so far in very short.... I thought of alot of things, aspects, problems and more.

I'm trying it for 4 nights now (to go WILD naturally). My dad has them spontaneously now and then. Yesterday I felt my eyes move quickly, i felt dizzy now and then and began to see images. But the images were inside my head... not really vivid, clear, sharp like seeing with your eyes. I cant seem to enter a dream and see everything like it is real.

So my questions:
1: Does a lucid dream feel as real as looking with your eyes and all or is it more like daydreaming?
2: How can i enter the dream and experience ludicity?
3: What do you think about the project?
4: Do you have any remarks about the project? Ideas? suggestions? Concerns?

Feel free to ask anything and make remarks....

Thank you for everything. Responses and feedback will help me to continue the project and possible create the start of something new in the future.

Peter

Re: Project Uni, some questions.

Postby Peter » 15 Nov 2011 20:46

So my questions:
1: Does a lucid dream feel as real as looking with your eyes and all or is it more like daydreaming?
3: What do you think about the project?
4: Do you have any remarks about the project? Ideas? suggestions? Concerns?

1: neither. it is another reality so dont compare the two in anyway. Lighting is normall dimmer like an overcast day but not the same. Images and actions and feelings can be a lot more intense. Remember that a lucid dream is a fully aware experiance.

2: practise and slowly build belief that it can and will happen.

3: Great, like all projects it will or wont work but I expect that overall you will learn and end up somewhere interesting
4: just keep us posted or if you have a site send the link

Best wishes

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

najrasaam

Postby najrasaam » 15 Nov 2011 21:39

Peter wrote:Best wishes
Peter

Tnx Peter,

Great reply, I appreciate all replies and or help ;)

I will let you know the end result.
If you are interested, here are 2 links about technology on which i base my product:

Japanese Dream recording machine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MElU0UW0V3Q

Artificial Vision:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/everyday-innovations/artificial-vision2.htm

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 18 Nov 2011 02:14

najrasaam wrote:

I'm Doing Industrial Design and for my project i need to create a speculative design. (a design that is realizable in 5-10 years based on technologies and science). So whats is the project about? Its about nanotechnology. What I want to do is to use nanotech to improve 2 things, neurosensors and a micro chip behind or in the eye. With the neurosensors, i want to reconstruct images from your dream such as dreams. With the micro chip i want to feed the eye nerves images to the brain. So now what i do is that what you think, imagine, dream... will be the thing that you really see with your eye. So wen you WILD, and you start to "see" things... you will really see them with your eye. This allows to go much faster into a dream and make the whole WILD thing go faster. This will be the entertainment of the future. Instead of watching movies, everyone will be able to lucid dream without training. This is the project so far in very short.... I thought of alot of things, aspects, problems and more.

This whole project seems impossibly grandiose. The images they're already having success with take a MRI scanner to create/observe. I've been in them they're both too bulky and far to expensive to ever be combined with home entertainment; but using the same idea one might be able to sell this as some sort of military training device.

A better project would be to ignore entertainment and try to detect things like: sleepwalking; the sleep paralysis experience; sleep apnea and night terrors and to wake up anyone in one of those states.

I'm trying it for 4 nights now (to go WILD naturally). My dad has them spontaneously now and then. Yesterday I felt my eyes move quickly, i felt dizzy now and then and began to see images. But the images were inside my head... not really vivid, clear, sharp like seeing with your eyes. I cant seem to enter a dream and see everything like it is real.

So my questions:

#1 It's like any dream, some are extremely vivid with the full range of sensual experience, others are less life like with just sight and sound. All are more vivid than daydreams and one does actually see and hear the images and sounds.

#2 not certain how. One should not have any dizziness. I don't use my eyes; but see everything with my mind's eye when first going in to sleep. The images start out like passive daydreams and then become real. The just relax my body and instead of letting my brain go drowsy concentrate and look up. The concentration is sightly different than normal alertness; but extremely hard to describe how.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

najrasaam

Postby najrasaam » 18 Nov 2011 08:18

Tnx, for the reply. It was helpfull.

If you want to know why I want to create images and so on... well my project is about speculative design. So devices that can only be made in the future. Since nanotech is developing fast now, in the next 5-10 years we could make some very small other equipment that could do the same as a big, expensive fMRI scan. at least, according to alot of research that i did, i can make that assumption.

but anyways... thx again and see ya.

Return to “For Beginners”