Introducing me...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Gen

Introducing me...

Postby Gen » 06 May 2011 05:22

Hi all,

I'm Gen from New Zealand. Been interested in lucid dreaming and OBE for ages.. And eventually was inspired after reading the Monroe books to make it happen, so a few years ago I decided to really buckle down and learn the art.. I tend to focus a bit more on OBE because I've had a few spontaneous ones over the years and so it seems more natural for me, but I found that in attempting to OBE I subsequently increase my lucidity in dreams as well. In 2008 I had quite a bit of success using the techniques from Saltcube (now Lucidology). The saltcube timer was a particular break through for me.

But for the last few years I have had lots of upheavals and distractions in my life and now seem to have lost the knack.. So I'm back on track again, practicing most nights, keeping a dream journal, and trying lots of different techniques. Been looking for a nice friendly forum to help inspire me back into it. Infact the other night when I first registered on the forum (but didn't have time to compose a message) I ended up having my first OBE in ages, a good omen I would say :D

I'm also a hypnotist and a consciousness geek, I have a website (desperately in need of some updating..) here www.emergingparadigms.co.nz

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Gen

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Introducing me...

Postby Rebecca » 06 May 2011 22:59

Hi Gen

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you on board :D

Funny how the incubation method works - sometimes just the hint of thinking about lucid dreams (or OBEs) after a long time can trigger one. Seems ironic really when people put so much effort in and get nothing, then when they give up it can just happen seemingly on its own! I heard about one technique which was "trying NOT to think about lucid dreaming before sleep" - like a disturbing horror movie, the more you repress it, the more likely it is to pop up in your dreams!!

I came across your website recently after looking at all the sites linking into World of Lucid Dreaming. I will have a more in depth look later. It's cool to have another Kiwi making a site about this subject.

See you around the forums ;)

Gen

Postby Gen » 07 May 2011 01:32

Oooo! :shock: I like that idea, trying not to think about lucid dreaming.. Being somewhat obsessive, it just might work for me, I will give it a go..

Had a false awakening this morning and became lucid momentarily.. Seems like things are definitely picking up again :)

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 07 May 2011 22:05

Hey Gen, welcome to the forums! Your site's looking pretty nice. More content is always a good thing.

Return to “For Beginners”