i just had a semi lucid dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

i just had a semi lucid dream

Postby ralux8 » 08 Nov 2011 12:40

Hello Rebecca and all. I am Raluca,24 years old .
This is not my first lucid dream, i had others in the past.This one I just had, is semi lucid...but i will tell you how it was.I was in my appartment with my mother and my parrot Pauly when i needed to go to the bathroom and there it was Pauly and i noticed that all looked different that in reality and i told to myself that i am dreaming*this helped me to realize that is not reality).After that i tryed to stay more in the dream and i start moving to let myself take an action this way. After that i wanted to speak with Pauly but he was quiet ...I know that in lucid dreams what you want happens but this time i wanted for Pauly to talk and he was quiet. Why he was not doing what I wanted? It s because I was not really really 100 % sure that I dream? I was 99 % sure.
Thank you!

Re: i just had a semi lucid dream

Postby ZexionLover411 » 20 Nov 2011 18:53

I've had semi-Lucid dreams where i realize I'm lucid but then it fades back into a normal dream because i don't stabilize my dream. From what I've read on this site you have to say out loud "Clarity now" or something to that effect and rub your hands together and stuff. Also from what I've read if you want something to happen you have to believe it can happen and it takes practice. So if you want your bird Pauly to talk you have to believe that he'll talk to you and if he doesn't talk on the first time ask him something if he's still quiet ask him again. If everything looked as real and vivid as in real life it was a full Lucid Dream if Everything still seemed like a dream maybe a little fuzzy or hazy then it might have been a semi-Lucid dream. Although i haven't had a full clear Lucid dream yet (I just had my second semi-lucid dream last night) so I'm not sure if what I'm saying is completely right or not. I'm just trying to help. ^_^

Re: i just had a semi lucid dream

Postby Teh_Fuhrer » 21 Nov 2011 07:25

Its because you have to really believe that he will talk. The parrot didn't talk because your logical self knew that he could never talk. Your doubt made him unable to talk.

Ive had similar experiences with this situation. Like I wanted something to happen but it didin't because I doubted that it could really happen.

Return to “For Beginners”