Can Someone explain my experience

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ashtanga13

Can Someone explain my experience

Postby Ashtanga13 » 28 Nov 2011 23:57

I have no idea if this is lucid dreaming.....I seem to be traveling almost every night to a close friend. I do not recall these visit but will say things later that are quotable from these travels. My friend is exhausted, I'm exhausted. He says that sometimes I will arrive in his bedroom almost ghost like (he believes he is awake at this time), we talk or we just lay together. A few times I have lifted off my shirt and there is nothing but bright light coming from me.

Other times we meet at McCarty glacier in Canada (a place dear to him), and I talk to him. He cannot speak and I "lecture" spiritual stuff or emotional stuff. Often the things I talk about in his/our dream, I talk about days later in a conscious state, general conversation. I have no recollection to the dream. Other times, we travel to different locations and when he wakes, he feels physically beat up especially in the area of the solar plexus just below the diaphragm. Like I have grabbed him by his ribs and "dragged him all over the world". I can tell when I travel because I wake up exhausted. But I have to recollection of the dream. Both he and I would like me to be able to control the travels since we need to get some rest.

I would love to get some insight as to how to make these dreams/travels more controllable.

Toby

Re: Can Someone explain my experience

Postby Toby » 29 Nov 2011 15:57

Hi,

hm, is this LD? I would say no. You don't have control and it is exhausting which LD is not - at least in my experience. Sounds like some involuntary astral traveling - if you believe in this sort of stuff. For some time, I had involuntary out-of-body-experiences. They didn't involve a partner. But they too where exhausting and frightening and I wanted to stop them. I started to sleep with a little light. And I started to practice a meditation for "safe sleep" I found in a book by Wangyal Rinpoche. The OBE ceased over time. A meditation before sleep to keep centered while sleeping perhaps could be helpful.

Toby

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 30 Nov 2011 09:47

Astanga as you seem not to recollect these experiences, these "experiences" look like a prank your friend is playing on you. If I'm wrong they look like dream OBE, if so and your friend is really sharing them do a test. Keep an exact journal of what you were wearing when and try to wear something you don't normally wear. Have your friend do the same and see if they match up after each of your visits. Please report back if they do and have your friend post too.

I would also get your friend checked by a physician- that pressure on the ribs and in the solar plexus area could be caused by his heart failing to pump away enough of the blood from his heart, baring a visit for tests to his doctor have him elevate his head and chest with extra pillows. This could also be acid reflux both of these are moderately serious.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Ashtanga13

Postby Ashtanga13 » 01 Dec 2011 22:01

I have continued all this time testing to see if he is pranking, but he's not. Believe me, it's such a strange experience I don't believe it at times. The first travel was strange. I had gone to a movie with my kids, Rango. I had not told him we had gone. The next day he told me that I had told him about a movie I had seen that day with the boys. He told me that I was explaining why I liked the female character - Bean. In the dream I told him what my son said in the theater. Things he liked about the movie. These were all accurate comments and he new the character's name yet had not heard of the movie. He has older children. Freaked me out.

I have recalled only one dream that we both recalled with detail. We tend to go into dreams where I am showing him parts of my past (Christmas Carol like....). I asked him where we went that night and he came up with the same scene, event, clothing, who we went to see. Crazy.

The soreness is not a medical condition. He gets a surge of that feeling if we are talking waking state and we touch on a subject...he can tell that that evening we will travel and discuss this further. Think....butterflies in stomach, gut feeling..... But then the travel occurs and in the morning its a bruised sore feeling, at the ribs and diaphragm. Not an organ feeling. Some say this area is the seat of the soul. It's our energy center, or "hara".

I thank you for your replies. I guess it is a form of Astral projection, out of body experience. He can do the lucid side and once in a while consciously talk to me. I will try meditation before bed to get grounded. I practice Tibetan Buddhist meditation and will try to find some grounding practices. I thank you!

Return to “For Beginners”