sleep paralysis but what about the sleepwalkers?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid Dreamer

sleep paralysis but what about the sleepwalkers?

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 23 May 2013 02:54

Hi, so if sleep paralysis keeps us from moving when sleeping, do sleepwalkers just now get sleep paralysis? Also, I used to sleepwalk, but I grew out of it. What happened there? Also, sleepwalkers generally have their eyes open. are they in a state of like halfway dreaming and conscious? Or did we just wake up in the middle of the night and go do something and not remember?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Teraku

Re: sleep paralysis but what about the sleepwalkers?

Postby Teraku » 31 May 2013 13:38

Sleepwalking is basically doing stuff unconsciously. You're technically in a dream state. The sleep paralysis just doesn't kick in correctly (Due to stress, sometimes), causing the eyes to open and most signals come from the real world instead of the dream world, which is why you don't bump into stuff.

HAGART

Re: sleep paralysis but what about the sleepwalkers?

Postby HAGART » 31 May 2013 16:54

I slept walked a few times as a child.
I bumped into things and ran into walls.
I don't remember though, and it wasn't the same as a dream. It always happened early in the night before REM.

A few times, I have had lucid dreams that start from bed and I swear I am sleep walking with lucid control. I try to write a note for myself to read after I wake up, but of course there isn't one because it was a dream. But it truly felt like I was walking around the house. (Despite some visual hallucinations, I truly thought I was sleep walking!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”