Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Guitar48300

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Guitar48300 » 30 May 2013 04:17

lucidinthe sky wrote:Yes it does appear that spammers have taken over the site, don't know why the owners are not stepping in.
You have to go back quite a few pages to find anything relating to the subject matter.

I just had an interesting lucid dream and wanted to post, but my post will be swept away by the tide of spam and will soon be pages away from seeing the light of day.

Too bad, hope the moderator does something soon.

From what I've heard, Rebecca is the only one who can truly put an end to this spambot raid. I myself have wanted to post a few things lately. We just gotta wait a while.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 30 May 2013 14:56

I've noticed Rebecca about it but I don't know if she has time to read e-mails at all.

Can I cut into the conversation in here and ask 2 questions about LD?

1. When I dream and I'm in company of some DC... like they talk to me and walk with me whenever I go... I almost never remember who that was! I can only remember DC whom I see from some distance, but not the closest ones. Why is that?

2. How do I know where my nightmares come from? Recently I have had a few of them, a few nights in a row, very creepy... I am kind of stressed out, but there nightmares don't involve the thing I'm stressing out about, just the creepy, awful stuff like excrements, embarrassment or sexual abuse... What is wrong with me? :shock:

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 30 May 2013 15:02

lucidinthe sky wrote:
I just had an interesting lucid dream and wanted to post, but my post will be swept away by the tide of spam and will soon be pages away from seeing the light of day.

Alternatively, you can just post it here. Stickies gonna stick.

@neverlandjulia
1. This is odd. Try paying more attention to DC's who are close to you. From my experience, it's easier to remember dreams if you have moments in which you are more alert. This probably goes for lucid dreams as well (though I haven't had any lucid dreams for two weeks, and thus can't confirm this).
2. I never really had nightmares like these. Most of the time they contained characters or objects that I had seen somewhere. If you get lucid in a nightmare, just try to ask someone/something what the hell is going on, and if possible, why the hell it is.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 31 May 2013 13:34

@Delta V. when it comes to nightmares, it were non-lucid dreams that I had in mind. the same goes for DC from my first question. I hadn't had LD in two weeks as well so now I'm trying to analyse my non-lucid ones.

also, seems like all reality checks fail me. once I looked at my palms and they looked totally normal so I didn't realise it was a dream. yesterday I looked at the time on my mobile phone, and everything was fine as well - again, I missed the chance to LD. I don't know what can I do, I never remember to push my hand through any solid objects or anything, that really bothers me. I also never remember to do RC when seeing a dream sign even though I remember to do RC in real life, when seeing it.

Sander

Postby Sander » 01 Jun 2013 20:41

neverlandjulia wrote:also, seems like all reality checks fail me. once I looked at my palms and they looked totally normal so I didn't realise it was a dream. yesterday I looked at the time on my mobile phone, and everything was fine as well - again, I missed the chance to LD. I don't know what can I do, I never remember to push my hand through any solid objects or anything, that really bothers me. I also never remember to do RC when seeing a dream sign even though I remember to do RC in real life, when seeing it.

i know that feel, bro
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 02 Jun 2013 13:18

neverlandjulia wrote:@Delta V. when it comes to nightmares, it were non-lucid dreams that I had in mind. the same goes for DC from my first question. I hadn't had LD in two weeks as well so now I'm trying to analyse my non-lucid ones.
I have the same problem, I've been in a dry spell for 2 weeks or so.
also, seems like all reality checks fail me. once I looked at my palms and they looked totally normal so I didn't realise it was a dream. yesterday I looked at the time on my mobile phone, and everything was fine as well - again, I missed the chance to LD. I don't know what can I do, I never remember to push my hand through any solid objects or anything, that really bothers me. I also never remember to do RC when seeing a dream sign even though I remember to do RC in real life, when seeing it.

Are you doing your reality checks mindfully enough? Don't just stare at your palms, stare at them with intent. Do not think "this isn't a dream, my hands are normal", think "I want this to be a dream, perhaps this finger is a bit shorter than usual". Compare them closely, and in a dream the hands might give in.
Also, try checking the surroundings afterwards. Realize that, while your hands might look normal, you could be in a location you've never been before. Recognize the location? Recall what you were trying to do. Try to make the RC as failsafe as possible.
Or something. I guess it might be overdoing it.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 03 Jun 2013 00:57

I do it in a very similar way to you. That's why I can't understand why they fail me. And why I forget to perform them while dreaming when I see the same dream signs every damn night. This is so annoying

thatgirliknow

Postby thatgirliknow » 03 Jun 2013 21:41

I have issues with sleep paralysis. I began an interest in lucid dreaming after reading that it may be possible to turn sleep paralysis into a lucid dream. No success for me yet though. Just wondering if that IS possible and how would I take control to steer the experience that direction?

By the way, my name is Tracey :)
Last edited by thatgirliknow on 11 Jun 2013 02:29, edited 1 time in total.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 09 Jun 2013 01:20

Hazzzamo wrote:Hi i'm new to this forum and i've been trying lucid dreaming for 4 days now and i'm not sure if i'm doing everything right :?

Welcome :D
Hazzzamo wrote:For my reality checks i try push my fingers through my palm, i read sentences, clock faces ect. I also try puck my hand through solid objects.

Yes, those are good reality checks. I don't' really do reality checks anymore because I'm trying the WILD technique, which doesn't involve reality checks I think. The ones I do do are push my finger through my hand, check if my hands look right and block my nose and see if I can breathe through it.
Hazzzamo wrote:There is one problem with my dream journal, i cant remember any, the first 3 night my dreams got fuzzier and last night i couldn't remember anything.

Don't worry, eventually you will be able to recall lots or dreams. I haven't kept a dream journal in a while and I couldn't recall any but since I started my dream journal again about two days ago, it allowed me to remember five last night :o :P Even if you only remember one sentence of a dream write it down, it's a start.
Hazzzamo wrote:I also icubate and daydream alot and i watch the subliminal video before bed and i talk to people about lucid dreaming.

The video probably will improve chances of dream recall or chances of having a LD (lucid dream). I personally don't use them all that much. I might start to :D
Hazzzamo wrote: Am i doing ok or is there more i can do. Thanx for your help :D

It doesn't hurt to research what you're trying to do! :lol: I suggest researching techniques such as WILD and MILD. That'd be a good sart
-Shane

Nyreal

WILD Technique

Postby Nyreal » 09 Jun 2013 08:17

Ive been trying to use the WILD technique for months now, but I've made little progress. Every time I think I'm about to go into sleep paralysis, I have the uncontrollable urge to move. I know I have to ignore this urge to trick my body into thinking I'm asleep, but I just can't. I want so badly to experience a WILD, and I've put in a lot of time and effort, but I just can't sit still. Any advice?

Return to “For Beginners”