Total control?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
LukeSosa

Total control?

Postby LukeSosa » 07 Jan 2013 18:31

I've been reading a lot of footage about people and their problems with dream control. For example, they are going to go through a door and suddenly imagine the door is locked, and therefore the door is locked and it seems that you can't reverse it. Well I think the power of your mind goes much further than that. What if we find a way to use our full powers over ourselves? I mean to unlock the door without the possibility of locking it again by accident. What I'm talking about is something that most people know as a guide, but it is not a guide. Have you ever seen the movie Tron: Legacy? Do you remember the part in which the father of the main character creates CLU? Well that's more like I imagine it. Using your actual powers you create person/being/thing whatever you want and tell it you give it full power, but under your command; it must obey every order and if it doesn't it must be destroyed. Try this, I'm not having enough lucid dreams to try it yet, but I will soon.

dreamerinmiami

Re: Total control?

Postby dreamerinmiami » 15 Jan 2013 21:41

Sounds very cool to try
What is your definition of reality?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Jan 2013 01:02

It's a good idea, but for me, every lucid dream is a clean slate again and I don't meet re-occuring characters.

BUT you can summon people when you call them by name in a lucid dream, (with patience) and if you get proficient at it and create a character in a lucid dream I don't see any reason why they can't be summoned all the time. And their presence may help you get over a mental block or hurdle like a door that won't open.

I have trouble flying in lucid dreams and one time I tried to summon an aid. I use to watch Dragon Ball Z when I was younger and summoned Nimbus, Goku's flying cloud. It was just an orange blob of light and looked nothing like what I thought it would, however, when I stood on that spot I was suddenly able to levitate and float.

So I can vouch that creating things in a lucid dream to help you overcome a mental block works. I never created a character or person though. I have some theories about what would probably happen, but I wouldn't know unless I tried it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LukeSosa

Postby LukeSosa » 02 Jun 2013 02:17

And what are those theories Hagart? we can try them. Yeah, maybe a late answer.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2013 07:58

My experience is much like HAGGARTS, I can call in people I want into a dream but as yet havent met a dream guide as such. I dont have a regularly appearing person who isnt someone I know in real life coming into my dreams.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Jun 2013 00:50

LukeSosa wrote:And what are those theories Hagart? we can try them. Yeah, maybe a late answer.

I forget, it was so long ago!
I was probably thinking that after creating a character in a dream it may not look the way you want them to, and may even look different each time you see them. However, if you give them a name and they show up in your dreams by name, it doesn't matter if they appear in different forms, (gender, animals) because they would still FEEL like the same person that you created. But no matter what it appears like, it would be as though you had an imaginary friend in the lucid dream world and it may help a lot. But you have to truly want it and believe in it.

Now that this has refreshed my mind, I should try it like I said I would. Just a character that I can summon in more than one lucid dream just by calling their name. (And my theory is they will look different every time, but still feel like the same 'person'.)

I should feel a strong emotion like love, and call forth for the embodiment of that emotion. Who knows what it will look like and what name it responds to. But then in another dream I wonder what would happen if I call that person by name. Will I feel the love associated with the dream character?

LukeSosa

Postby LukeSosa » 03 Jun 2013 22:19

I'll add you and send me a PM about your results. I'll try to do the same but first I need to put some order to my life. :(

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Jun 2013 00:54

I was lucid for a bit last night, but I totally forgot to try it. It takes a few days to implant the idea.

LukeSosa

Postby LukeSosa » 04 Jun 2013 14:00

Yeah we all have that, I wasn't even lucid last night. Take your time

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jun 2013 16:35

Ok, I finally remembered and attempted this in a lucid dream. Here's what happened, and I'll just add the important details:

I was already lucid for a few minutes and thought to myself, what should I do next. Then I remembered what I wanted to do. I was in my house (lucid dream version) when I finally remembered. I was alone but I called out if there was any body there. I said I was looking for 'the embodiment of love'. (by love I mean that warm feeling of unconditional love and joy and euphoria). I tried to fill my heart with love as I was calling out, but I couldn't. I can't just spontaneously feel something without a reason for it. So my mood was somewhat normal, perhaps a little excited.

I went upstairs and saw a middle aged, Chinese man, smartly dressed sitting at the kitchen table. I don't know why, but he seemed familiar to me. Then I noticed there were two people now, an Indian man was sitting beside him who had similar facial features as if he was an Indian version of the same guy. I just thought they were one in the same and treated them as one person. I forget what I asked first, but I think it was something like, are you the embodiment of love? I didn't think he was and didn't expect him to say yes, and I don't know if I even got a response. But then I asked, "What emotion do you represent?" He said, "Uncertainty." I thought to myself, that's not an emotion is it? I asked, "With what emotion do you describe uncertainty? Fear? Anger?" Again I forget the response if there was any. Then I asked, "How would you describe it when you feel love?" (This should be a no brainer. There is only one logical answer.) But then he surprised me and said, "Anger." I had to ask why. He replied, "Nothing should feel that good". I got the impression that what he meant was that a great feeling like love never lasts for ever and that angers him because he wished it did.

And the whole time I spoke with him I was always thinking that he is really just a projection of myself. But it still amazes me how dream characters can give responses that I an never guess.

So now for the second part of this experiment is to see if I can meet the same person again. I never asked for his name, and it's hard to recollect exactly what he looks like. But I will call him, Uncertainty and see if I can call out for Uncertainty to show up in a later lucid dream and see what happens. However I didn't feel a strong emotion or presence when I was with him, so I have a feeling a new dream character will show up and it will be a new one and I won't be able to 'feel' that it is the same one. (It's my theory that all the dream characters I meet are really just me and they change depending on my own mood. I guess I must have been feeling uncertain.)

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”