Dry Spell

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DeltaV

Dry Spell

Postby DeltaV » 03 Jun 2013 12:06

So I haven't had a LD for two weeks or something now. Normally, I'd get at least one per week, but after a couple of nights of me forgetting how to fall asleep, I had to patch up my dream recall and haven't had a single LD.
A problem might be that I don't try to do WILD anymore (because I thought that was the cause of me failing to fall asleep), the only times I'd meditate. This might have severely lowered the chances of having an LD.
What are your thoughts on this matter? How can I break this dry spell and start having fun again?
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Teraku

Re: Dry Spell

Postby Teraku » 03 Jun 2013 13:45

Try a new technique which you haven't done yet. Maybe try SSILD? Unlike other techniques, it doesn't "deteriorate" after some time.

http://cosmiciron.blogspot.nl/2013/01/senses-initiated-lucid-dream-ssild_16.html

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 03 Jun 2013 16:41

I thought I was the guy that introduced SSILD to the forum :lol:
Well, I either forget to do it, or I don't get to sleep. It might be false awakenings, but they are no help if I can't notice them happening.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 04 Jun 2013 13:09

I have a potent weapon for dry spells my friend.
Supplements. I use them anytime I'm in a tough spot, I don't like to use them a lot either, I don't want to depend on them as a crutch, but they are the perfect fix for a dry spell.
There are multiple supplements that have all yielded good results for me.
B6, 5-HTP, Yohimbe Bark, Burpless Fish oil, Choline, GalantaMind, and Mucuna Pruriens.

If your interested, I reccomend the book Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements.
As of right now, it's the first and only book of it's kind. Truly helpful! :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 04 Jun 2013 22:28

LucidLink how much of vitamin B do you take and how long before sleeping?

I am also going through a dry spell only I used to have 1 LD per 1-2 weeks and now it's been almost a month and nothing... is it possible, that it's a result of stress?

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 04 Jun 2013 23:05

neverlandjulia wrote:LucidLink how much of vitamin B do you take and how long before sleeping?

I am also going through a dry spell only I used to have 1 LD per 1-2 weeks and now it's been almost a month and nothing... is it possible, that it's a result of stress?

Hey! I'm not LucidLink, but I can try and help.

It depends on how it effects you. I started with 100mg. Nothing. 200mg. A bit of vividness and dream recall. 300mg. Pretty vivid and good recall.
I'm gonna try 400mg tonight I think.
If I were you, I'd start out the way I did. See how much works for you.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 05 Jun 2013 00:30

LCDAnthony wrote:
neverlandjulia wrote:LucidLink how much of vitamin B do you take and how long before sleeping?

Hey! I'm not LucidLink, but I can try and help.

It depends on how it effects you. I started with 100mg. Nothing. 200mg. A bit of vividness and dream recall. 300mg. Pretty vivid and good recall.
I'm gonna try 400mg tonight I think.
If I were you, I'd start out the way I did. See how much works for you.

Take anywhere from 100 to 500, he's right.
Also, take the B6 4 to 5 hours after sleeping.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 05 Jun 2013 13:28

I would like to ask as well if you get too much of vitamine B6, what results may occur?

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 05 Jun 2013 17:19

Tingling sensations in your toes, fingers and sometimes limbs. If that happens just stop taking it for a week, and possibly lower the amount you intake. It will usually go away after sometime, but not to long. So it's not permanent.

DAZ_XT950

Postby DAZ_XT950 » 05 Jun 2013 22:39

Where can I get vitamin B6 and what form does it come in (powder, tablets, etc.)?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”