Your opinion on the difference between OBE & LD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Re: Your opinion on the difference between OBE & LD

Postby HAGART » 05 Jun 2013 01:57

I think they are all the same too, but I use those terms sometimes to describe the intensity of my lucid dreams.

Sometimes in a lucid dream it can feel so real that when I move my arm in the dream, it actually feels like I am moving my arm in real life. I bet if a brain scan was taken it would show that the area of my brain responsible for moving my arm is active. So it truly feels real. I once tried to fit through a small opening, but I just didn't fit. But I'm dreaming, I don't have a body do I? After giving up trying to squeeze my face through the hole in a wall I walked away and could still feel the feeling of it lingering on my face as if I had actually done it in real life. Although I don't truly think I left my body, or had a dream body, it can certainly feel that way so I sometimes call it an OBE-TYPE-LUCID-DREAM. That's just my own wording for myself.

And other lucid dreams are very long and truly feels like I am talking to other people who are also lucid dreaming and I like to think of those as similar to what some would call an Astral Projection. It can feel like you are in a different reality sometimes that exists somewhere, somehow.

They are all lucid dreams. I don't believe I ever have a dream body on an astral plane, but at times it can truly feel that way.

I've never remote viewed anything that could be verified in reality or saw events in the future. If I did, perhaps I would change my beliefs in all that. I don't read any literature on the subject of astral dimensions and I don't even know what a chakra is suppose to be and all this New Age stuff.
Last edited by HAGART on 05 Jun 2013 02:22, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 05 Jun 2013 02:22

That's a good way to put it! I actually like that one.
It's like different feelings, making it feel different.

But don't get me wrong. If people believe their is astral planes of any sort, then that's cool! But I personally don't believe it's possible to leave the body, but the mind can make it feel like it.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Jun 2013 02:32

I was adding some stuff at the end of my post after reading what Tauniaust wrote. Then you replied so I will just write it here:

I've never remote viewed anything that could be verified in reality or saw events in the future. If I did, perhaps I would change my beliefs in all that. I don't read any literature on the subject of astral dimensions and I don't even know what a chakra is suppose to be and never heard of a merkaba field. Who knows if that is all real or not.... I like to just experience lucid dreaming for myself without any preconceived ideas and form my own opinions.

But this waking dream stuff is intriguing and I've heard of that before. Perhaps there IS a difference than a lucid dream when asleep. But my rational behind it, if I ever experience it, would be different. But just like all science and physics, people have different theories why things happen, but all agree that it DOES happen. So far that has never happened to me, but that doesn't mean it is impossible. I hope I do experience a 'waking dream' one day. (OBE, ASTRAL PROJECTION, call it what you want it is still a rose and smells just as sweet!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 02 Jul 2013 00:24

My perspective is slightly different than most...

I don't see ANY of the usual labels we use as objectively existing.

Dream...
Lucid Dreaming...
Astral Projection...
Physical...
Non-physical...

None of these things EXIST. There is only Consciousness. There is really only ONE. Everything is an experience from a slightly different perspective of the ONE.

When we "dream", it's just an experience from a perspective that isn't this physical reality. Same as for a lucid dream and an astral projection. The labels vary only in the amount of awareness involved... the amount of YOU involved.

There is no difference, because they don't exist. It's just you experiencing different realities with different levels of YOU there.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”