LD:What's your life like when you're not with me in a dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
mia

Re: LD:What's your life like when you're not with me in a dr

Postby mia » 05 Jun 2013 14:28

If I'm not mistaken, I think this 'witnessing' of your own thoughts and consciousness is what they call 'awakening' in 'real life' in the Buddhist traditions.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 05 Jun 2013 22:36

HAGART wrote:

Absolutely.
And it changes everything.

When I am thinking fully lucidly, I am much more observant and have better conversations with dream characters. I think about what I want to say and how to word it before I say it. I even do a little dream interpretation WHILE I am in the dream. (Whether I am right or wrong, I can't help, but analyze things and wonder what they mean.)

It's amazing how we can think inside our heads the way we do when awake, while in the dream as though we are separate from our subconscious and viewing it from within. I can be in a dream world and still feel like 'me'. The ego sense of self identity is awoken.

I think waking life is sort of the standard of what lucidity can be and it is what we use to compare our lucid dream experiences to. I really like that ultimate level of consciousness and experiencing the separation which is so close to what waking life is like where you experience your "outside" environment existing as separate and independent from "you". I have had a lot of lucid dreams like that to the point of critically examining the details of something so closely that they actually start to disintegrate. When you do a truly critical analysis of something you must be skeptical, prepared to see the flaws and not just accept it at face value. The waking world can hold up to that level of critical analysis, but not a dream so you can start to lose the subconscious value if you drill down to deeply. When I am at that level, I have to keep myself from trying to over control and over examine everything. The dream characters can end up more zombie-like because we are kind of taking over the dream from our logical thinking perspective and blocking out the subconscious. I actually prefer to be a little more "under" during the dream to keep my ego-self from taking over and trying to make things happen. Being more under control of the dream itself frees you from the responsibility of control and opens up more opportunity for subconscious input. The dream itself has an incredible imagination and you never know where it will take you, but it's so fun to find out. Hopefully that makes sense.

mia wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I think this 'witnessing' of your own thoughts and consciousness is what they call 'awakening' in 'real life' in the Buddhist traditions.

I think that's right. The Buddhists were some of the early pioneers of lucid dreaming. There are also shamans that use lucid dreaming instead of hallucinogens.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 19 Jul 2013 17:27

You should go to the town that the DC mentioned and look for insurance companies there, and see if you can find if the DC you met is a real person :idea:

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Jul 2013 04:57

Jackson wrote:You should go to the town that the DC mentioned and look for insurance companies there, and see if you can find if the DC you met is a real person :idea:

That is the kind of thing I would normally do just to satisfy my curiosity, but there just wasn't enough detail that time to be able to do it.

I did have one really interesting lucid dream (posted in this section) where I was time travelling and asked this guy his name which was a very unusual name. I told him that where I come from we have something called the internet and that I was going to look him up as soon as I could. Found only one person with that name, he had died about 2 years before the dream. Makes you wonder.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”