How long of dream journaling before I remember dreams natura

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucid Dreamer

Re: How long of dream journaling before I remember dreams na

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 23 May 2013 03:00

Well it is different for different people. personally I have been keeping a journal since i was very young just by interest and choice. I think that remembering dreams is not something that you can just catch onto after a while. The dream journal helps you to remember your dreams by making your mind more aware and stuff. when dropping it at any time, i would imagine that your dream recall would drop too.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 23 May 2013 04:20

I had my DR up to 4 dreams a night. I dropped the journal for about 3 weeks and im only remembering about 1-2 a night. Stick to recording ya dreams.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 May 2013 05:07

BoroMulloy wrote:I want to just remember dreams naturally how long of self suggestion and how many dreams should I record a night before I remember dreams without trying to?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Sorry to disappoint but it doesnt seem to work like that. You stop journaling and dream recall may stop. That being said, once you reach a point where you are lucid dreaming.. you may be able to stop keeping a journal as those dreams are often far easier to remember due to having at least some waking consciousness there.

You should record ALL your dreams you remember, even if its by writing just a sentence about one. This helps signal to your subconsciousness that all your dreams are important to you and that you want to remember them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 01 Jun 2013 20:09

I tend to recall like 7 dreams on some nights and none on the other. I really wonder why that works this way

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 05 Jun 2013 21:50

It all has to do with cycles. If you wake up in the middle of a dream, you're much more likely to remember it, and possibly previous dreams as well.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 05 Jun 2013 23:51

It does seem to go in cycles to certain extent, but I think the important thing is to tell yourself that you will remember your dreams because you are actually conscious during them and can do it by willing it to happen. I have never kept a dream journal, yet can remember most of my dreams when I wake up. Some people set their alarm clocks to wake themselves up when they expect the dream cycle to be complete. Keep working at it, it will come.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”