Even more lucid than last time - SSILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Sim B

Even more lucid than last time - SSILD

Postby Sim B » 06 Jun 2013 16:40

Greetings,

Some of you have read my last topic, it was deleted as well as my account after the spam. In short: I had my first vivid lucid dream last week, and mainly some unimportant stuff happened, and then I came across stairs and I couldn't remember how to walk down them, so I just threw myself down instead. Worked. :D But went through the wall and floor into my yard. Weird.

Anyhow, I tried SSILD this morning and god... the confusions. I think I got half a dozen different False Awakenings, half of which I never realized I was actually still sleeping. I went from one to the next, eventually so confused that I started doubting everything. And it led to a LD, of course.

I was in my room doing things when, suddenly, I was in the kitchen. In my mind I was like "ok, that's it, I'm tired of this shit, this is either a dream or something, maybe I'm messed up" and it was a dream.

Last night I decided to write a list of things one should do in order to stabilize a dream, and I will read it every night before falling asleep. And every time I do the WBTB method as well, so it stays fresh. There's a difference between "knowing" what to do, and being "certain" of what to do due to the utter spam of reading them every night.

So, in my dream, I recalled my name, what I was doing, and especially the part where I maybe had an FA. That required my logical mind to thing it through, which I think helped stabilize the dream. I touched things, looked at the environment... then my eyes half-opened in my bed. I was like, nooooo, not wake up. Then boom, back in the dream, and this time...

So real, I thought I had woken up in the kitchen :lol: I realized it couldn't be so I checked and my fingers were missing some parts, so it was a dream. But everything felt so real I was amazed. So, I tried to levitate. Didn't work. I fell backwards to strengthen the dream, and now I could levitate!

Bam! Into the roof. What the? I can't get through the roof! Bam! Again. After the third time, I got tired of it so I stopped, and a dream character showed up. I heard him so I turned the corner, speaking, and apparently I frightened him, because he looked pale and looked at me confused. I asked him if he knew how to levitate and fly, and as much as I wanted to listen, I couldn't understand a single word he was saying. So I moved on. A second dream character showed up, he said something funny, I laughed, I woke up.

Anyhow... what interests me the most in this is

- How did I happen to re-integrate my dream?
- Able to levitate only when laying on my back? lol
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

mia

Re: Even more lucid than last time - SSILD

Postby mia » 07 Jun 2013 03:52

You are doing really well!

I think you were not awaking when you thought you were opening your eyes, but having yet another version of a false awakening. I'm starting to detect that several seconds ( maybe a 1/2 minute before a real awakening) there is a "I'm back in my bed and waking up' feeling. I've noticed a time lag from that feeling, to an actual waking consciousness.
I think this must be the time for the 'dream exit initiated lucid dream' technique that Summerlander talked about in a post a few weeks ago. I'm hoping to think to catch this moment, and just 'get out of bed, ' and continue with an LD instead of carrying through to waking up.

If you are not levitating, or able to get through the roof, it's a mental thought that you won't be able to. Your 'beliefs' are so influential in an LD. Or maybe you have a 'levitation' image in your head where levitating is lying on your back ( like in those old cartoons :lol: ). Sometimes, I just say out loud: " it's my dream; I can do what I want", and then I can ( sort of like Napoleon Dynamite when the little kid on the bus asked him, " what are you going to do today Napoleon?": " Anything I want, JEEEZE!" ;) )
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 07 Jun 2013 18:20

Tried the position shifting WILD :D

Before I tried it, I had just woken up from a non-lucid nightmare. It was quite something for me because it's the first time I've had a nightmare since I started practicing lucid dreaming. So... I knew what I had to do. Get back in there, and fight it.

I'm currently watching Walking Dead so, obviously, this nightmare was about a zombie outbreak. They were pretty fearsome too, the memories are still fresh (and the make-up in that show is insane). It ended with me pushing a zombie, keeping it at arms length so he couldn't "kill" me (I was nonlucid). His face was awesome, in a gruesome way lol. It kept distorting and stuff, pretty scary. But then, a second zombie showed up, so I knew I was screwed and I woke up.

Time to go in again, with the shifting position WILD technique (I was doing SSILD before that. Weird that I never got lucid in that nightmare). And it worked. When I switched on my side as soon as I started to feel Sleep paralysis, it went away, then came back fast. And then I was in the dream. Nightmare, in fact. The zombie was still there lol. While it approached, I strengthened the dream, and my own conviction that I can do what I want. And I turned, yelled WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT and it went away. End of nightmare.

Anyway, at that point I get pretty lucid, because I had just read all the techniques to strengthen the dream, so it felt pretty much like reality. So... what now? Honestly, I can't remember that part exactly, because that dream was freaking long. I know I started with experimenting with some things, and among them, the fact I still couldn't levitate (I'll have to work on that).

Anyway, I crossed a dream door to test and ended up somewhere else after that feeling of black screen emptiness. It lasted a few seconds. Then I went on to try various lucid dreaming things (remember, I'm still new to this). Among them: spinning, falling backwards, trying to fly, asking people how to fly (lol), eating, stuff like that.

Then it got pretty weird. I started losing control of the dream every 10 seconds or so, waking up (maybe in a FA?), then re-integrating the dream. I did it a lot of times, a dozen maybe. And, I also could select a dream from a menu (I play video games, maybe that's it :P) and those dreams had previews, and a title associated to it, as you would select a youtube video or something. Was pretty funny :P

So I selected a dream about some tv show I don't know anything about, and it just... popped in. I was in it. It got boring after a while, the characters were pretty much inactive and useless, so I brought the menu back up and selected something else. Went like that for a while until I had some serious control problems (I dreamed for easily 30 minutes), and I decided to wake up because it became more of a chore to keep the dreams up than anything.

So, to sum it up

- I still can't fly
- Re-integrating felt easy, but maybe that's because it wasn't real re-integration? I don't know.
- I'm getting good at stabilizing dreams
- Still have much to try lol

lucid13

Postby lucid13 » 07 Jun 2013 18:26

Thanks for sharing. I really like the idea of writing every night the steps on how to stabilize the lucid dream.

mia

Postby mia » 09 Jun 2013 16:11

Love your 'dream menu'; I think I've got to myself one of those! :)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 12 Jun 2013 08:09

mia wrote:Love your 'dream menu'; I think I've got to myself one of those! :)

Yeah, it looked pretty amazing, surrounded by a blue, sort of "display". There was a row of titles in the bottom, with previews. All kinds of titles like "Game", "The House", "Heroes", "Last Century", "History Class"... They didn't make any real sense as a whole. I could rotate that row and select what I wanted.

Then the small preview became a much larger preview, and if I selected the dream, it became the reality around me. Pretty nice. :D

In the dream I selected "Heroes" but I haven't watched the show yet. :( That might explain why the characters were boring and uninteresting. I can't even remember a single Dream character face :lol:

I selected "Last Century" after that and stepped into a sort of war-zone... minus the war. :P Only guns, and people talking about guns, while browsing through guns, carrying guns, etc.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”