Lucid dreaming tool - anyone willing to beta test?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidtool

Lucid dreaming tool - anyone willing to beta test?

Postby lucidtool » 08 Jun 2013 21:12

Hi all,

I am currently developing a lucid dreaming application.
It's a web-based application compatible with desktop's, tablet's and smartphone's.

I just finished the dream journal and I am looking for people who are willing to take it for a "test drive".
I think World of Lucid Dreaming is the best place to look for them :-)

Right now you are able to enter dreams in the journal with a name, from and to dates and times, the dream itself, and tags.

I will be expanding it with search tools and all kinds of fancy analytics.

The dreams themselves are stored with an encryption to ensure privacy. No-one else will be able to view your dreams. Not even if there was a bug in the application. Because the encryption key is unique for each user and each dream!

The next features I will be working on are:
- Dream searching and sorting (by dates, tags, and names)
- Automated realy-check e-mails with random RC instructions (you will be able to choose 0 to 5 times a day)
- Dream analytics, find out what you dream about to most (based on the tags you give to dreams)
- PDF dream exports for physical storage (including the option to get them automaticly in the mail each week)
- And a lot more!

The reason why I am looking for beta testers is because I am looking for feedback. What would you like to see changed or added, are there improvements you would like to see, is something not working, etc.

So please let me know if you are willing to help me to make the best lucid dreaming tool out there!

torakrubik

Re: Lucid dreaming tool - anyone willing to beta test?

Postby torakrubik » 08 Jun 2013 21:42

Sounds good! I'm game, sign me up.
Dreaming is my drug

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 08 Jun 2013 21:46

Love to help :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

lucidtool

Postby lucidtool » 09 Jun 2013 10:17

Thank you very much! I've just contacted you.

More people are still very much welcome.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 09 Jun 2013 12:57

Ill try it! :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 09 Jun 2013 13:25

I'm willing to help too :)

mia

Postby mia » 09 Jun 2013 16:21

I may be interested. I'd take a look ( but only if it does not involve divulging private contact info).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Jun 2013 19:46

This is a good idea.
I have just been revisiting my dream journal that I have saved in Word format and am printing them out to make a hard copy. (U never know when a computer may go kaput.)

But having my dream journal on the computer I can use the 'search for word' to find common words or find that dream I remembered, but forget when it happened. I was thinking of jotting down how often certain events happen or common dream places, scenerios and people I meet and then making a graph to show me visually how often and when they tend to happen.

But that is labour intensive. A computer program could do that for me!
If that's what this is, then I am interested and there is great potential for it.
It's a way to sort our dreams to make them easier to analyze. You could even have a dream interpretation guide that can give insight.

I've got about 400 pages of dreams and there is no way I can read it all and reference it easily. But a program can do that.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidtool

Postby lucidtool » 09 Jun 2013 20:40

Thanks for the great responses all! I will contact you after making this post.

HAGART wrote:This is a good idea.
I have just been revisiting my dream journal <snip>

Yes, that is the ultimate goal of the application!

mia wrote:I may be interested. I'd take a look ( but only if it does not involve divulging private contact info).

No, not at all, all that is required is an e-mailaddress and a nickname (feel free to create a brand new one just for this application). And again, all the dreams are encrypted before storing them. I really care about privacy because I am using it myself.

lllL1lll

Postby lllL1lll » 09 Jun 2013 23:40

Nice idea! I'm going to help too.
I often get lazy after waking up, and end up not writing my dreams and forgetting them, being a "tester" could help in getting more serious about it I think :)

PS : How does it work? do I have to go on some site, to register, or to download something?
Or is it not ready yet?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”