Successful SSILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
mia

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby mia » 02 Jun 2013 20:23

That's a good idea. Maybe a 'go to' technique 'article' that won't get lost in the chit chat of our postings.
We should have that for each technique; basic steps that can be found easily and referred to as desired.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 04 Jun 2013 23:11

Oh man! I'm so excited!
I found about this SSILD. I can't wait to try it!

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 05 Jun 2013 15:37

So I tried it again last night. Doing SSILD wakes me up more than I'd like, and I was awake for quite a long time. When I went back to sleep, I once again had a dream about one of my teeth getting loose. After a while of futile attempts of shoving it back into my gums, I pulled it out. It was connected to a fleshy, purple nerve, which for whatever reason was connected to a giant knot of the stuff in the middle. I also got the impression that I was wearing green pyjamas, but this is one of those weird things in which I know stuff without seeing it.
Well, I guess I should prepare for teeth-related dreams if I am going to continue using SSILD. Have you guys had dreams that are somehow different from regular ones with SSILD?
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

mia

Postby mia » 05 Jun 2013 16:03

You and those teeth Delta! :shock: (Next time, maybe use it as a signal to get up and out of bed to continue the lucid dream?)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 05 Jun 2013 17:21

That's gotta suck.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 06 Jun 2013 15:04

LCDAnthony wrote:That's gotta suck.

Naah. It wasn't painful or anything, and there were no horrible tastes or something. The only problem is...
mia wrote:You and those teeth Delta! :shock: (Next time, maybe use it as a signal to get up and out of bed to continue the lucid dream?)

...fixing the tooth back into my face after becoming lucid. Teeth would be a good dream sign though.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

alissa

Postby alissa » 07 Jun 2013 04:43

I think I'm going to try this, since several have seemed to have success very early. Will you get sleep paralysis from it though?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

mia

Postby mia » 07 Jun 2013 05:25

Sleep Paralysis is a definite possibility: but SP is ok; even desired, as it signals that you can now try rolling out of your body into your lucid dream. Sleep Paralysis happens every time you sleep; it's just that with WILD or SSILD you can be AWARE of it happening ( for me it feels like buzzing and vibrating; I think 'YES!' when I feel that).

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Jun 2013 19:31

Cosmic Iron does not deserve recognition. He's a copyright infringer, a pirate, a plagiariser. The SSILD technique comes from the methodology propounded in Michael Raduga's "The Phase". The idea of cycling is there. Iron even copied the number of techniques in a cycle and for convenience sake decided to refer to them as steps. SSILD is simply one of the ways in which Raduga's algorithm for awakening can be executed. Nothing more.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 10 Jun 2013 18:02

I've read the algorithm and have been trying it, I've had my success and failure. But it feels like I'm not fully understanding how to "fall asleep with intention". I tried doing auto suggestion after doing the 4 cycles.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”