What are the risks

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidLink

Re: What are the risks

Postby LucidLink » 05 Jun 2013 13:27

Hahahaha. This is funny. There are no risks to lucid dreaming, what are your parents fears about it?

They proably just don't wanna spend the money.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 05 Jun 2013 13:29

I don't think there are any. My parents also think it's dangerous because it's a way out of the real world and "it leads to later drug abuse because it works the same way". But I guess it depends on the person, I never wanted to do drugs after having LD

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 05 Jun 2013 15:40

neverlandjulia wrote:I don't think there are any. My parents also think it's dangerous because it's a way out of the real world and "it leads to later drug abuse because it works the same way". But I guess it depends on the person, I never wanted to do drugs after having LD

It's funny, because LD is more or less a better alternative. It does not cause any physical addiction, doesn't cost any money, and has no side effects.

Hazzzamo wrote:What are the risks of lucid dreaming, my parents don't think it's a good idea so I can't bye the book. Please reply quickly

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

What risks do you parents think there are to lucid dreaming?
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 07 Jun 2013 23:17

If anything, it will help your sleeping pattern.

And you can't get addicted to it in the sense that you can't lucid dream more than you can sleep in a day.

And you can't sleep all day.
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 07 Jun 2013 23:33

I think your parents are the ones with an addiction - to crack.

Ever since i started lucid dreaming ive haf better sleeps, slept heavier, woken up feeling great, and sleep like a baby. Its honestly the best thing you can be doing in your sleep!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Jun 2013 20:26

Here's the secret and don't tell your parents:

YOU DON'T NEED A BOOK TO HELP YOU LUCID DREAM.

Just try it anyway. Simply recall your dreams and every little thing you remember even if it is a bizarre and eventually you should be able to realize you are dreaming when it is happening. Or try certain methods you read about on the internet. Then grow from there.

The worst that can happen is you get a nightmare, but those happen to everybody anyways.
Lucid dreaming is certainly not a drug. There is no dependency or addiction.

Defy your parents and do it anyway. What are they going to do? Stop you from dreaming? Stop you from thinking? That's all lucid dreaming is: Thinking clearly and lucidly while dreaming.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 09 Jun 2013 20:57

neverlandjulia wrote:My parents also think it's dangerous because it's a way out of the real world and "it leads to later drug abuse because it works the same way".

If they go see a movie on tv or in a movie theatre, tell them the same thing.

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 13 Jun 2013 19:37

There's nothing risky about lucid dreaming. Sounds to me like your parents don't want you to do it, but they don't want to say why.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”