False Sleepenings

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

False Sleepenings

Postby HAGART » 09 Jun 2013 19:20

Do you ever dream that you are trying to fall asleep?
I do.

It tends to happen after I am laying in bed, awake, and wondering if I will ever fall asleep. Then later a dream starts and I am not aware and still have the idea in my head that I need to go to sleep. Sometimes I am in what appears to be my real room, laying in bed still trying to sleep, only to find out later, after I awaken, that it was a dream. Just this morning when I went back to sleep it happened again, and this time I was at my grandparents house that they sold twenty years ago.

It's strange how that happens and it is like the opposite of a False Awakening. In my dream journal I call it a False Sleepening. (well, it's the same mental state, but it happens at the BEGINNING of a dream instead of after one is supposedly over.)

Although unintentional, it goes to show that you can plant an idea in your head as you are falling asleep to incubate a dream scene or scenario. The dream can become whatever was on your mind as you were falling asleep.

Also, some of these false sleepenings, when I actually do fall asleep in the dream and try to stay aware, it leads to SP or vibrations and becomes a WILD very easily. (Well, not technically 'Wake Induced', but hey, I thought I was awake and had full awareness when it happens, so it's pretty much the same.)

Just an interesting thing I've noticed, and I bet I'm not the only one.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Teraku

Re: False Sleepenings

Postby Teraku » 09 Jun 2013 21:45

I'm sure a lot of us have experienced this, myself included.

It tends to happen to me more when I've had trouble going to sleep.

HAGART

Re: False Sleepenings

Postby HAGART » 10 Jun 2013 01:33

Teraku wrote:It tends to happen to me more when I've had trouble going to sleep.

Yea, me too. That's when it happens most.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”