Random realization... Zombies!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LCDAnthony

Random realization... Zombies!

Postby LCDAnthony » 10 Jun 2013 17:30

So last night I had a pretty crazy dream! I accidentally woke up at 5 and tried to do the SSILD, but I ended up just falling asleep.
I'll mark the parts where I believe I was lucid in italics.
(I didn't know if I should have posted on the non-lucid thread.)

I'm in a room full of people playing the xbox. It's dark in here, no lights are on. Just the screens of a couple xbox's. One of which is my Dad (Now that I think of it.), I get up and this kid gives me this little device to attach to my xbox. I spend some time trying to get this mess of wires to be undone. I finally plug it in and I start "modding". My Dad looks at me and says, "Go somewhere else! That thing is detecting our heat-sinkers!" I get up and walk away.

I'm walking on this road and I come up to these guys in another room, that's in an amusement park of some sort (Hard to describe), and I walk into the room. The kid asks me if I want to play some Battlefield 3. I do for some time and again.. I get up and walk out. I walk around this "roller-coaster". It's a very strange design. It looks like you stick your hand in what looks like a water filter and just slide down the slide type thing. Strange.

I then come up to a zombie. I'm calm. It gets up and is inches from getting me. Calmly, I do something, and she's a normal girl. She's an African American, about my age, with long hair. She says, "Thank you! You've save me!" We then go to this cage to get away from other zombies that might be about. I was trying to prevent her from getting infected again. After a while she says, "I don't want to be here anymore." I say, "Then let's go outside!" I open a window and we step through going outside. I think to myself, "I'm dreaming." So I get two fingers and clear the skies of any clouds. I make it much brighter outside and the grass much greener. I also think, "I don't need to look at my hands, I know I'm dreaming. I then tell her she's able to go away now. She walks around a corner and I go back in the cage.

There, I climb the huge cage wall and over to another cage, where I see guards feeding some animals. I don't want to be seen so I climb back to my cage, but I stay perched on the top and see the guards get mad at this kid in my cage eating some oreos. That's when I wake up.
----

So when I was supposedly lucid, It didn't feel lucid. Like I was dreaming of being lucid. I just had this thought but kind of some control, that I was dreaming. I felt like I could look at my hands but didn't choose to and just finished the dream. I had the idea in my mind that I was.

What do you think?

DreamerMan99

Re: Random realization... Zombies!

Postby DreamerMan99 » 10 Jun 2013 22:51

That is pretty cool, they say that 1st person shooter games are good ways to show how it is in a lucid dream. Turns out thats really how it feels!

This made me think of something I did today - I was reading this forum and I felt like playing some games. Turned on BorderLands 2 (Great game btw) and instantly the first mission I was on was called "Out Of Body Experience" :lol: I got some trippy ass gun that talks to me!

Proof I wasn't dreaming: http://www.borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Out_of_Body_Experience
I know its kinda off topic, sorry lol.
Funny right?
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 10 Jun 2013 23:09

Yeah! Another thing is, I haven't played BF3 in a while!
I think I did have a lucid dream though.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jun 2013 21:40

Lucid dreams come in a wide range. You can be somewhat lucid, lucid and then VERY lucid.
Sometimes I wonder, when I recall my dreams, was I lucid?, or was I just dreaming about being lucid? What's the difference? I think it is how clear you know who 'YOU' are in the dream instead of being in normal 'automatic mode' which is what most non-lucid dreams are. When your sense of self is fully realized and awoken that's when it becomes VERY lucid.

I get those 'somewhat-almost lucid' dreams too, and rarely become fully lucid and know who I am the same I know myself in waking life. I tend to get caught up in the moment of the dream as if it matters even though I know I am dreaming. But if/when I realize that the zombies aren't real and I can go anywhere it changes everything.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 12 Jun 2013 00:23

Yeah! It was just like.. I knew I was but I didn't do anything about it. I wonder why haha

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Jun 2013 04:54

I wonder why myself.
It just happens.
Spontaneous lucidity is like a switch getting turned on. Most of the time it is off, but non-lucid dreams are fun anyway. Then for some reason it just gets flipped on, and I can't explain why! I just become lucid for no reason in particular most of the time and it is a random occurance for me. At least for me now, that's the way it is. I read about the SSILD method and it makes sense to me. Perhaps I will lucid dream on demand in the future. (Well, you can never expect it 100% of the time, but I have never lucid dreamed on purpose before and it is worth a try.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 12 Jun 2013 17:33

In this SSILD guide it said that sometimes you just randomly become Lucid for no apparent reason. It just happens!

I honestly really love the SSILD. Probably the best and most effective method I've used yet. (Or one that actually works for me!)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”