A Hagart Lucid Dream (DC's and Emotions)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
HAGART

A Hagart Lucid Dream (DC's and Emotions)

Postby HAGART » 11 Jun 2013 20:34

Here's a lucid dream I had this morning, my last dream of the night. I'll share it and see if others relate and give you a glimpse of what my dreams are like. It started like a regular dream. (Don't be daunted by the length. If you find it interesting it is not long at all! If you don't, I don't blame you!)

I was driving in a car and using a mouse and keyboard to drive. It was hard to control so I decided to abandon the 'new' technology and drive the old fashioned way with a steering wheel and gas pedal. Ah! It was much easier! Then there was an accident ahead of me, it was a head on collision and the two cars involved where heading toward me after the impact. I was calm, knowing I was in full control of the vehicle like it was now an extension of my body. I reversed and avoided being hit. Then another car came and hit the two and I couldn't reverse because there was a car behind me. I was hit, but it was only a low impact fender bender, but I was upset because now I had to wait and give a report to the police because I was now involved in the accident. Plus I would miss my final exam that I was heading to. (I haven't been in school in years, but that's what I thought). So as I sat there waiting I thought to myself, "This is such a horrible day. I hope it's a dream." And then it clicked. I had no need for a reality check. It just made sense.

I got out of the car and there were many people standing around, gawking and wondering what to do. I was feeling confident knowing it was a dream and wanted to make a spectacle in front of the dream characters and fly away right in front of them. I announced to them all, "You know what we should do...." Then I just happened to see a girl in the crowd and I kissed her on the lips. "We should fly away!" Then it was time for my dramatic exit. I jumped and flew! Well.... if anyone knows me, I can't fly. I managed to get about as high as the evergreen trees that were beside the road before I fell back to earth. (Now that I think about it, the sky was dark and devoid so I had nowhere to go and perhaps that drew me back down.) However, all the people were applauding and cheering as I fell back. (I think dream characters take on whatever mood I am in because on the inside that is how I felt and I wanted them to acknowledge me.) After engorging on a huge pile of hamburgers and tossing them telekinetically to the others in the crowd (showing off my lucid powers), I for some reason wound up in a vague place that was kind of like the basement in my house. I probably dove down into the street because the next thing I remembered was trying to pass through the floor, something I have done before in a lucid dream, but it was not working this time. I would dive right in and hit my head. Then I tried going shoulder first and that didn't work either and I felt the sudden thud when I hit the ground, but it was not painful. It was vague visually, but I thought perhaps since this is closer to my house in reality, that is what is stopping me from passing through. I have a very strong idea that I can't and therefore it doesn't work.

Then I thought, what else do I want to do? Then I remembered what it was. I wanted to create my own dream character that was essentially love personified. So I was in my house now and I just called out for 'the embodiment of love'. Are you there? I tried to instill the feeling of love inside me as I was doing this, but I couldn't fake the emotion. I went upstairs and the dream was vivid again. I think it was because I was now thinking a lot more clearly and lucidly. (I remembered something about my waking self and so was a lot more aware as a result. Much more than when I was trying to bash my head in the floor! :roll: ) I walked into the kitchen and there was a middle aged, Chinese man, smartly dress in a collared shirt. He seemed familiar to me at the time. Then I noticed an Indian man sitting next to him with roughly the same facial features and I thought, he must be an Indian version of the same guy. So I just assumed it was the same person and my mind was playing tricks on me. When I spoke to him, addressing the original Chinese guy I kept in mind that they are projections of myself and it us just my subconscious personified. I asked if he was 'the embodiment of love', but I don't remember a response if there was any. Then I asked, "What emotion do you represent?" He said, "uncertainty." I thought to myself, that's not an emotion is it? I asked, "how would you describe, uncertainty? Fear? Anger?" Again no response. Then I had a fool proof question with only one answer: "How do you feel when you are in love?" (There is only one possible, logical answer right?) He replied, "Anger." (WHAT?!) I asked why. He said, "Nothing should feel that good." Makes me think of all the unreciprocated love I've experienced and yea, I guess it does frustrate me and wonder what the point is if it always ends in frustration and anger.

Then I noticed outside the window in the backyard there was a large, Caucasian male outside and he had a beef with somebody in the house. He wanted to get in. (It just so happened to be the door to the basement where I had started in my house). At the time I thought he was just angry at another dream character. So I ignored it, bid farewell to the guy in my kitchen because I didn't know what else to discuss and I left my front door. The dream had already lasted for a while even before it became lucid, so I knew it may end soon and it was running out of steam. As I walked I noticed the images getting choppy like a strobe light. Then I saw the angry guy again and he was coming toward me. I guess that gave my mind something to focus on because the dream became 'solid' again and I was fixed, or locked in the dream again. I know it's a dream, but I still didn't want him near me. I felt like I had to get away. So I tried to fly again, with no success. I just managed to jump and grip onto the wall of my house just beneath the eaves-trough. I was just out of reach, but I was stuck there unable to go up or get down. So I used the 'force' and I started to choke him just like Darth Vader. He was in pain and on the ground writhing. I saw his neck was being squeezed physically by an invisible force. But then he got up and in a cloud of dust like a kung fu movie (where they fight with powder in their hands to add effect), he took a kung fu stance. He had broke free and non of my lucid powers will work on this guy. I managed to get on the roof and I kept trying to flee, but he was always showing up. Then it faded and I woke up.

What I should have done, was simply talked to the guy. Ask him what his beef was and perhaps I could help. Sounds so simple now, but in the dream I felt like if he got to me, the strong emotion of fear would wake me up. Next time, I should dispell all my fears and confront the person with an open heart. I think the dream characters are behaving and reacting to my own emotions.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DreamerMan99

Re: A Hagart Lucid Dream (DC's and Emotions)

Postby DreamerMan99 » 11 Jun 2013 22:47

Haha, first of all kick ass lucid dream!
And yes, you are completely right, confront him. In a lucid dream there is nothing to fear but fear itself.
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jun 2013 23:12

That's what I am thinking. The dream characters are representations of my own feelings.
Get rid of the fear and in turn the dream character will not be aggressive anymore.

But on the other hand, I want to summon a dream character that has an aura of love that I can't help but feel and get enveloped in whenever I am around them. That was my test and like Murphys Law, it always backfires!

But it was a good dream and felt like I learned something. That's all that counts.

mia

Postby mia » 11 Jun 2013 23:55

Great dream Hagart! I think this dream is really a step toward creating the loving DC you will meet as the embodiment of love. There are things here to realize; think about; and figure out, about your own feelings regarding your goal or request. I think that once you sort some of your deepest feelings out in regards to your subconscious ideas about the feeling of love; the door will open to find your goal.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Jun 2013 00:14

By love I mean euphoria and that feeling of unconditional love all around, it is rare. Only once with the aid of a psychadelic drug (hey, the beatles did too so no apologies), and the other was during a Sleep Paralysis episode with heightened emotions. I don't get these strong feelings when awake and my logical mind justifies everything. I think lucid dreams are a gateway to unlocked emotions we can only dream of. (Pun intended)

I've had many lucid dreams that are just about me and self gratification, but now I am on a quest of spiritual growth and emotions are the key. Hard to explain, but I just know it. I still can't help but kiss a girl in the crowd, but despite that, I like to get deep and forget about my own, immediate desires. But it takes time and you have to learn how to crawl before you can walk... And maybe one day run!

But I am very conscious of my emotions during a dream. They have more impact than anything I see, feel taste or touch or hear. But then again, I am thinking of MY emotions and am still turning the lens on 'myself'. I wrote about amnesia of self and who I truly am....

THIS IS A LONG ROAD BUT I FEEL LIKE I AM ON THE RIGHT PATH.
(This got deep, but there is humor in the dream and I like to laugh and poke fun too!)

mia

Postby mia » 12 Jun 2013 01:12

I really believe that Lucid dreaming eventually leads you onto the path of spiritual growth. I also keep in mind that even in the book The Tibetan Yoga of Dreams and Sleep; the monks are told to first explore the lucid world in all it's possibilities ( kind of like a license to have fun; so a bit of self indulgence is a given). I once felt that aura of love in a dream ( it felt like deep deep peace); it lingered with me for a long time; I've tried to find it again; but haven't yet. I still remember it though.

Love the tossing of hamburgers to the crowd by the way ( yes Hagart; I'm sure it impressed the hell out of them :roll: haha )
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Jun 2013 06:16

Yea, first you do lucid magic acts like tossing hamburgers with your mind, just to get a reaction from the crowd. (I want applause and it is all about me! Yea, me!) That's what all lucid dreamers do at first, whatever it may be, but it is all about doing special tricks and getting praise. All about the self. Even if alone you do things that just feel good like flying and such.....

Then you go deeper...... and you start to think about something beyond yourself......

I can't explain it in words, but isn't that always our own journey in the back of our minds? Finding yourself and something beyond? Dreams have a way of bringing it to the forefront.

I love how I have no religious views to back it up, just lucid dream experience. And as I explore further I am starting to realize that life itself is an illusion backed by my own emotions. Sounds familiar to Tibetan Lucid Dreamers, but I follow my own path and we will arrive at the same place. I have no belief guiding me, but I am arriving at the same conclusions.

mia

Postby mia » 12 Jun 2013 16:52

I have no religion either Hagart. But, I also feel that always, all along, that's been what the journey is about. You express yourself well.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”