Dreamsigns and reality

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Strykbringer

Dreamsigns and reality

Postby Strykbringer » 13 Jun 2013 06:13

Hello lucid dreamers.

I have never had a lucid dream. However, I have kept a journal and extracted dreamsigns, the most important two being:

1. Setting form: My surroundings constantly transform into places I have previously lived in or frequented.*

2. Ego actions: I often behave strangely in my dreams. **

Now I should try to do reality checks at any suitable moments. The problem, however, is that I have a hard time finding any moments. My surrounding never spontaneously change and I never act strange in the way I'd act in my dreams. Do any of you experienced dreamers have any suggestions for me?

*I jump out an airplane over New York but land in Beijing; I wander in dungeons from video games that mutate and turn into my childhood home.

**I see my friends and cross the street, but instead of joining them I start walking 30ft behind them all the way to our destination; I see gas leaking from the ground whereupon I immediately take off my top hat and attempt to use it to gather the gas.

Return to “For Beginners”