Mutual Lucidity

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
caboose131

Mutual Lucidity

Postby caboose131 » 13 Jun 2013 04:18

Is it possible for two people to somehow be dreaming the same dream and even "interact" with the other person? Like is it possible to actually communicate with another fellow lucid dreamer while dreaming?

torakrubik

Re: Mutual Lucidity

Postby torakrubik » 13 Jun 2013 22:16

That's a subject of great debate at the moment. My stance is yes, it is possible, but you may wish to try this before you make up your mind.
Dreaming is my drug

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Jun 2013 22:51

I've heard reports of this, but I am still a skeptic.
I've had many dreams where I was with people that just felt like they too were lucid dreaming, but I still think it was all in my head and they were aware of the dream because I was. The people I meet in dreams tend to reflect my own self, that is my theory.

But I'm open minded and I would love to test it somehow.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

caboose131

Postby caboose131 » 14 Jun 2013 02:40

To the people you thought were dreaming as well, did you tell them or ask them to anything that would reveal them to be actual lucid dreamers? Like if you him/her to do two types of reality checks and they do it fine, maybe that might show them to be real dreamers, ya know like a code scheme to make sure they are really dreamers or something.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 14 Jun 2013 02:48

Idk if this counts as mutual dreaming but I had a dream where my brother and I were playing video games. When I woke up I went to write it in my dream journal and told him about it. He looked at me and said hey I had a dream of us playing last night..... That would be so cool! I would also feel weird because if that were true it's like having someone being in your head lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image
What is your definition of reality?

caboose131

Postby caboose131 » 14 Jun 2013 02:56

That's pretty cool :D, but like when you were playing with him, did it feel like he was literally there as himself? Not as a projection of your subconscious, but as a literal lucid dreamer. Like imagine how cool it would have been if that was really your brother dreaming, and BOTH of you were aware and talking to each other through dreams.

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 14 Jun 2013 07:57

I would love to exprience something like that, too. But is it possible to dream lucidly and mutually with another person who doesn't practise lucid dreaming on purpose and they just happen to have one that night?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Jun 2013 18:37

caboose131 wrote:To the people you thought were dreaming as well, did you tell them or ask them to anything that would reveal them to be actual lucid dreamers? Like if you him/her to do two types of reality checks and they do it fine, maybe that might show them to be real dreamers, ya know like a code scheme to make sure they are really dreamers or something.

No I didn't.
I should ask how to contact them in real life and see if it works.
I should tell them to come to this very website with a specific name.
That would be so crazy if it worked and would prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

But I am still a skeptic. However I believe 100% that it would be possible with the aid of technology.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 20 Jun 2013 20:50

HAGART wrote:
caboose131 wrote:To the people you thought were dreaming as well, did you tell them or ask them to anything that would reveal them to be actual lucid dreamers? Like if you him/her to do two types of reality checks and they do it fine, maybe that might show them to be real dreamers, ya know like a code scheme to make sure they are really dreamers or something.

No I didn't.
I should ask how to contact them in real life and see if it works.
I should tell them to come to this very website with a specific name.
That would be so crazy if it worked and would prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

But I am still a skeptic. However I believe 100% that it would be possible with the aid of technology.

If we can do it with technology, we can do it without it.
It's very possible. I believe dreaming is a co-creation process that all takes place on one plane for everybody. This why I don't refer to the people in my dream as dream characters, I call them dream entitys. That is because they may be more then a creation of my mind.

So yes mutual dreaming and mutual lucid dreaming is every possible! The LDE has done many tests that support this as well.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jun 2013 22:08

I dream of people that were awake while I was dreaming though. So they are certainly not in the dream with me. So it can't always be a co-creation process. Unless you are taping into their subconscious dreams while they are awake..... just got deep. Reminds me of the movie, Paprika. (I just saw it last week and can't stop thinking about it.)

I'm just trying to be thorough and poke holes in arguments. I would love to see if it is possible, but I have to be reasonable too.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”