your first ld?:)

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
luciddreamer49

your first ld?:)

Postby luciddreamer49 » 13 Jun 2013 21:54

Hey everyone! LD49 here!:) I know what I'm gonna do in m first lucid dream, what are you guys going to do?:) and forall you people who already lucid dream, what was your first lucid dream?
Thanks for sharing!,

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Re: your first ld?:)

Postby HAGART » 13 Jun 2013 23:35

I've been asked this before, and I need to rack my brain to find it.

But I think I know what it was. I was 14 or 15, and I was dreaming I was in a mall and cops were after me. But I just for some reason knew that there were no consequences and I shot them back like a video game. I remember feeling it was like DOOM. (An old video game, back in the mid-nineties. But is was the one that revolutionized first person shooter games.... you must have heard of it.) This was twenty years ago, and I still remember. I was on a top floor of an atrium (open space in a mall I could see below), and could see down many levels. It was about 7 stories tall just like a mall I knew at the time. I made the conscious decision to jump and see what happens. I fell and hit the ground and it all went black. In the darkness, I thought to myself, 'am I dead?' But then I opened my eyes and I was awake.

Whenever I try to think back.... I think this was my first one.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 14 Jun 2013 14:00

I don't remember my very first one, but the first one i had were mostly nightmares that i wanted to wake up. Só i find something to kill myself so i wake up. I go crashing into a wall, drown myself, jump from a higher ground... This was like 25 years ago.
I found curious to see that in the Inception movie they did the same to wake up.

luciddreamer49

Postby luciddreamer49 » 14 Jun 2013 14:20

Wow! You guys have been lucid dreaming for so long! I admire that! Its so cool! I hope I can be lucid dreamers like you guys. Too bad I'm still having issues remembering my dreams:/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Jun 2013 19:08

I had that one twenty years ago, and didn't think much of it or even knew there was a name for it. I've had some off and on over the years since. I've only been lucid dreaming on a regular basis for only 2 years to tell you the truth.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

luciddreamer49

Postby luciddreamer49 » 15 Jun 2013 18:25

But still, its really awesome talking to an actual lucid dreamer! Its so exciting!!! How long did it take you to finally have yyour first ld when you were actually were trying? I've been trying for a year, and tryng my best to do everything right, considering I'm only 16 I can't use a lot of techniques because I don't want to wake my parents. I'm thinking I might be doing something wrong though because a WHOLE year and I haven't gotten close to an ld.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 15 Jun 2013 18:31

What do you mean by "I can't use a lot of techniques because I don't want to wake my parents". What noisy techniques are you using?

You've been trying for a year? Maybe you're trying too hard. I don't know what you've been doing to have LD. My suggestion is to take it easy. Don't try to have it every night. Just read a lot about this subject, watch documentaries about it, pay close attention to reality, what movies you like, imagine doing that kind of things you see in the movie (fly like Superman, run like The Flash)... When you least expect it, you'll have on LD. It'a amazing how movies can trigger our lucidity and make us do wonderfull stuff.

luciddreamer49

Postby luciddreamer49 » 15 Jun 2013 18:45

Highlander wrote:What do you mean by "I can't use a lot of techniques because I don't want to wake my parents". What noisy techniques are you using?

You've been trying for a year? Maybe you're trying too hard. I don't know what you've been doing to have LD. My suggestion is to take it easy. Don't try to have it every night. Just read a lot about this subject, watch documentaries about it, pay close attention to reality, what movies you like, imagine doing that kind of things you see in the movie (fly like Superman, run like The Flash)... When you least expect it, you'll have on LD. It'a amazing how movies can trigger our lucidity and make us do wonderfull stuff.

Likethe Wake Back to Bed technique, I can't get up for twenty minutes because I share a room with my little sister and the one that you change your sleep schedule, I can't do that because I can't use an alarm and wake everyone up. I know nt doest seem like much but it is to me, everyone is always like "change your sleep schedule" or "get up for a while at night" and I can't do that. And I haven't been trying too hard, I try techniques sometimes but not every night. I do pretty much whta you said. My only issue is dream recall. I'm a heavy sleeper so dnt remember my dreams to often.:/

andyb08

Postby andyb08 » 15 Jun 2013 20:57

i was bout 8 9 years old in back on mothers car with me pet.For some reason i was saying mum mum look and it was a bin day with the old black bins and as we were driving i used my mind and as we were going along the road i was making the trash cans fly all over in the road. Ive had others like power,flying,zombi shit but good fucking scary resident evil only been able to realize i was dreaming and control it a few times but very vivid.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”