Remember your full dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
subaccess

Remember your full dream?

Postby subaccess » 13 Jun 2013 12:11

I have been keeping a dream journal, but i can't seem to remember an entire dream. It'll almost always be a chunk from near the very end, and maybe some chunks from the middle. But it's never connected start-to-finish. I know that there's more dream there, i just won't remember what exactly transpired. Is it possible to remember one from beginning to end?

By the way, I started trying to lucid dream about a year ago and I have had about 10 lucid dreams. I just feel it's a bit out-of-order to be working on lucid dreaming when I can't remember a whole dream.

Does anyone else struggle with remembering whole dreams? Could someone share an example of their fully-remembered dreams?
Regg

DeltaV

Re: Remember your full dream?

Postby DeltaV » 13 Jun 2013 14:19

Completely remembering dreams is difficult, but possible. I have a nice and long dream that was vivid enough for me to remember entirely, involving portals to different parts of the world, including a ruined city, a concert in a circus tent, and at least twice a weird dimension with misshapen creatures.

That said, remembering the whole dream isn't a necessity.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 13 Jun 2013 15:10

The more vivid your dreams are, the more you'll remember about them. So don't worry if you can't remember 100% of your normal dreams, as you should be able to fully remember lucid dreams if your dream recall isn't terrible.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Jun 2013 23:52

A lot of my dreams that I record start with, 'I forget how it started but...'
In the movie, Inception that is addressed when Leonardo is talking to the girl at the outdoor cafe. We rarely remember how the dream starts.
It doesn't bother me, but is very common. You are not alone. I'm the same way most of the time.

Only a lucid dream that starts with the buzzing or vibrations or sleep paralysis can I honestly say I remember the beginning. But that's rare for me and most of the time I don't.

No big deal though. That's just the way it is.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 14 Jun 2013 14:04

I always remember my dreams from start to finish well, kinda 95% of the time). But this doesn't last long. In the first 2 hours i still remember them. Then, when the day passes, i begin to forget some facts. So i have to write them ASAP. I don't have too much patience to write all the details, though, so my dream journal isn't that fully descriptive of my dreams.

andyb08

Postby andyb08 » 15 Jun 2013 21:15

i remember nearly all my dreams including all parts of the dreams but only the dream before i wake up

subaccess

Postby subaccess » 17 Jul 2013 00:48

Thanks for the responses! I feel better about this. :)
Regg

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 17 Jul 2013 08:56

Vivid dream are the most easy to remember.

I have some tips to have more vivid dream everytime you go to sleep.

-Sometime when we go to bed is after watching TV or our computer. So this time when you go to sleep stay 30 mins in the dark with no light, or if it is not possible, put something on your eyes. After the 30 mins, go to sleep in the dark, dont turn on any light even if you must go to the toilet.

-Dont sleep with the phone or any electric device next to you.

-Meditation can help.

-Eat banana, its good for dream.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”