Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidLink

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby LucidLink » 09 Jun 2013 08:34

Practice meditation, and I find stretching before practicing the WILD technique helps me stay still as well.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

lllL1lll

Postby lllL1lll » 09 Jun 2013 19:19

Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting here, even though I've been regularly reading this forum for some months. I've recently decided to get serious about lucid dreaming, but I don't really know how to start off, as I've read many different things about LD techniques. For example, do i have to use the WBTB technique everytime I want to try something such as WILD (or any other thing), or is it fine to try it in the evening?

Sander

Postby Sander » 11 Jun 2013 18:59

lllL1lll wrote:Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting here, even though I've been regularly reading this forum for some months. I've recently decided to get serious about lucid dreaming, but I don't really know how to start off, as I've read many different things about LD techniques. For example, do i have to use the WBTB technique everytime I want to try something such as WILD (or any other thing), or is it fine to try it in the evening?

you can try in the evening, but i doubt you'll be even half as succesful as you would be WILD'ing at night...

also, since you're just starting to LD, maybe WILD is going to be hard to accomplish right from the start. keep that in mind, or try different methods.

if you're willing to use supplements, i can tell you the method i use to get 100% WILD results (i only tried it 2 times, though, but worked every time).

i get up after 4 hours of sleep, i take a galantamine supplement and then i do an exercise called arm/leg qigong. This consists of imagining your knees bend at every exhale and moving them out of your physical body and through the furniture. (i do this while laying on my back, don't know if this is preferable). You can do the same with your arms (bend an the shoulder) or combine both. With each inhale you bring them back up and even a little above your physical body. I do this for about 10-20 minutes and then i turn to my side and do visualization. This method was created by Thomas Yuschak and you can read all about it in his text: advanced lucid dreaming: the power of supplements.

Hope this helps.

I did this last night and attained lucidity once again :)
Last edited by Sander on 12 Jun 2013 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

lllL1lll

Postby lllL1lll » 12 Jun 2013 10:11

Sander wrote:you can try in the evening, but i doubt you'll be even half as succesful as you would be WILD'ing at night...

also, since you're just starting to LD, maybe WILD is going to be hard to accomplish right from the start. keep that in mind, or try different methods.

if you're willing to use supplements, i can tell you the method i use to get 100% WILD results (i only tried it 2 times, though, but worked every time).

i get up after 4 hours of sleep, i take a galantamine supplement and then i do an exercise called arm/leg qigong. This consists of imagining your knees bend at every exhale and moving them out of your physical body and through the furniture. (i do this while laying on my back, don't know if this is preferable). You can do the same with your arms (bend an the shoulder) or combine both. With each inhale you bring them back up and even a little above your physical body. I do this for about 10-20 minutes and then i turn to my side and do visualization. This method was created by Thomas Yuschak and you can read all about it in his text: advanced lucid dreaming: the power of supplements.

Hope this helps.

I did did last night and attained lucidity once again :)

This is very helpful, thank you :)

Revolution

Postby Revolution » 14 Jun 2013 21:00

Hey everyone,
Just joined the Forum a few minutes ago and I thought I'd introduce myself. (Hopefully I'm doing it in the right place) After many months of attempted astral projection - and only succeeding once - I thought I would try Lucid dreaming as it seems to be closely related. Unlike a lot of people I can't say that I've been trying to lucid dream for weeks/months yet, I am only going to attempt it properly for the first time tonight. I have had close experiences in the past with lucid dreaming by accident however, but none of them have officially been a lucid dream. I have asked myself in dreams "is this real?" before, but have always come to the conclusion that what I am experiencing is real.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on. I'm just about to go and have a look round the site (as I've only had a look at a couple of stories before registering) so if anyone has any tips as to how I can have successful lucid dreams feel free to tell me or point me to the right place.

Thanks! :D

Sander

Postby Sander » 16 Jun 2013 14:59

welcome :)

there's lots of helpful information on the blog:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/
Free Your Mind.

Sander

Postby Sander » 16 Jun 2013 15:08

i had a breakthrough this night ^^

i trusted in the power of galantamine once again, and attained lucidity ^^ however, i was balancing on the boundary between sleep and awake. I had some trouble crossing the threshold and hovered in between, while the familiar buzzing came and went. When i thought i finally crossed over, i felt that i was losing lucidity again. My eyes saw only a black void and i felt myself fading. I remembered that rubbing your hands together could snap your dream back into focus, so i started rubbing them together and telling myself that i was dreaming. Shortly after, i popped in the dream scene and was free to roam ^^

i also remember looking at my hands and realizing that i was dreaming that way. So, apparently, i had a WILD and a DILD this night. I don't know how or why this is, as i only remember 1 lucid dream.

Still, i'm pretty stoked about my progression now :) after almost a year of rare succesful attempts, i can now practically do it whenever i want, thanks to the supplement :) now i can work on attaining high level LD's
Free Your Mind.

snoylnerual

Postby snoylnerual » 25 Jun 2013 22:02

So..my name is Lauren :) I had my first lucid dream a week or two ago..I find if I do it in the morning, Im more successful with it. My only problem is I get scared. Idk why..I just get really nervous and startle myself awake. It's really annoying. The first dream I had was awesome. But short..cause I ended up in a tunnel with a light at the end and got scared. I tell myself I'll be ok and I'm safe blah blah but I think my anxiety issues I have are spilling into the lucid state..what can I do? :(

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

snoylnerual

Postby snoylnerual » 26 Jun 2013 23:03

Ps..I'm also scared of the dark (weird ha) and am too scared to try to lucid dream at night when I'm going to bed. But I'm not really sure if I can anyways because I feel like I'm too tired to..does that last part even make sense..?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

lucretcia

Postby lucretcia » 27 Jun 2013 00:52

So... I just found this site today and as I was reading the tutorial on how to do when I realized I was tired. I lean over on my sofa and start falling asleep asap, all the while trying to keep my brain awake. The next thing I knew, i was standing on some street and BAM... I realized I was dreaming. I got so excited and said, ALRIGHT, I WANT TO FLY OUT OF MY BODY AND GO TO PARIS!!! I just took off, and when i took off, it felt really strange, REALLY STRANGE, almost slightly painful. I had this sort of buzzing, vibrational sensation as i flew up. Because of this very real sensation, I thought I was having an OBE.
Next, I'm flying through the air but it wasn't all beautiful as I had imagined, it was all black, then I landed in Paris, or what I thought to be Paris. So, I'm thinking I'm in Paris but I was at some university, so I run in to this big theater where there are many students getting up to leave and I run up to someone and try to stick my finger into their face to see if it will go strait through, but the guy says, "what are you doing, that hurt." i run to the next person and try it again, didn't go through. I run out of the building and start talking to some red haired man, telling him I'm lucid dreaming, blah blah blah, but now I can't remember what he said back. Next thing, my dog jumps on my lap and wakes me up, bummer.
I have had one out of body experience, it was in the 80's and I was not asleep when it happened. I was laying on my bed and I just started to sit up, then realized that my body was still laying. I didn't know what was happening at the time so I truly thought I was dying, it was VERY, VERY hard to get my spirit to lay back down. In retrospect, had I known what I know now, I would have just gone with it.
So, here's my question, when I had my OBE in the 80's, I had the same sensation that I had today in my Lucid Dream, but when I woke up, I had a strong feeling that it was not an OBE, only as I was dreaming was I sure I was out of body.
As I was reading some of the info on this site, I was a little confused as to the different ways of going out of body via dream state. I'm not sure if I'm articulating myself very well, I hope I'm making sense.
From what I know, or at least thought I knew, Lucid Dreaming is just being aware that you're dreaming, therefore you can create anything, and OBE, you are literally up and on the move, in a realm. Am I right?
When you have an OBE, you lift out of your body while your laying in bed and most of the time, you'll look down and see yourself laying there. I've never heard of anyone making the transition from the dream state, from the point of position in the dream.
Can anyone explain this to me.

Lucretcia

Return to “For Beginners”